Two Quick and Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Meal Idea #1: Savory
Have you ever been to the Melting Pot? The Melting pot is a swanky fondue restaurant that I fell in love with in college. For an appetizer you can order cheese fondue and with it comes bread, chips, veggies, and green apples. So, that’s how I fell in love with the combination of cheese and green apples. Two unexpected flavors that compliment each other perfectly, the stronger the cheese the better too! I actually had this for dinner last night, but after eating it I thought it would make an even better breakfast!
I used a forth of a green apple cut into thin slices (I at the the rest of it on the side), one large La Tortilla Factory tortilla, and 1.25 slices of Trader Joe’s Swiss and Colby Cheese.
Spray a large non stick pan with cooking oil and turn to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, close her up and pan fry quesadilla on each side to desired crispiness.
Calories 254, Protein 18g, Carbs 32g, Fiber 14g, Fat 13g
Enjoy the rest of your apple on the side! (adds another 50 calories or so)
Meal Idea #2: Sweet
This refrigerator oats recipe is so good, I can’t even explain to you how good it is. Do you like chocolate strawberries? I thought so. Make this, you’ll be so happy you did!
– 1/2 cup rolled oats (GF works too)
– 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
– 1/2 tsp chia seeds (don’t leave them out)
– 1 tbsp sun butter
– 1 tbsp unsweetened chocolate powder
– 7-8 frozen strawberries
– 6 drops stevia extract or another sweetener (optional)
Easiest Instructions Ever:
1. Combine oats, milk, chia, sun butter, stevia, chocolate and mix well.
2. Top with 7-8 (or as many as you want) frozen strawberries.
3. Place in refrigerator overnight (or for an hour or two).
4. In the morning top with more almond milk (I used about a forth a cup more) and enjoy!
See the strawberries become kind of syrupy…. it’s glorious!
You will LOVE this! You can sub a tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder for chocolate whey powder too if you’d like more staying power.
Let me know if you try it!
Question of the day: Whats your favorite breakfast flavor? Sweet or Savory?
I’m split 50/50- Sometimes I go for sweet paired with a black coffee and other times a mildly sweet green juice paired with savory. It’s all about contrast!