Hi, friends! Today I’m popping into to share with you a helpful new book written by one of my favorite RD friends, Toby Amidor.
When Toby reached out and shared about her new book, I knew I wanted to help her get the word out! One of the things I love best about blogging is the ability to support my fellow RD entrepreneurs, writers, and virtual colleagues. Toby graciously shared a bit about her new book today, a recipe with us, and is giving away one signed soft cover copy of her book at the end of this post!
Smart Meal Prep For Beginners
Smart meal prep means you never have to ask what’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In Smart Meal Prep for Beginners, Toby makes it easier than ever to start (and stick with) meal prep, so that you have ready-to-go healthy meals every day of the week.
So many of my Hungry Hobby RD clients are spending WAY too long on meal prep, sometimes a full day! The point of meal prep is to set yourself up for success, not stress. This meal prep guide and cookbook gives you the tools you need to make meal prep a regular part of your routine, with:
- 6-Weekly meal prep plans that progressively ease beginners from prepping breakfast and lunch (2 plans) to a full day’s meal prep featuring breakfast, lunch, and dinner (4 plans)
- Must-have meal prep tools that include prep day guidance, shopping lists, plus storage and reheating information
- Meal prep 101 gets you started with need-to-know info about meal prepping, including meal prep Dos and Don’ts and food storage guidelines
Smart Meal Prep for Beginners is a fool-proof plan to meal prep like a pro and have healthy meals ready-to-go, no questions asked.
Toby was kind enough to share one of her recipes from the book, sheet pan lemon chicken with potatoes and chicken with us today. I’m on a mission to start making freezer meals to be prepared when the baby comes. I’m making and freezing this one this week!
Smart Meal Prep for Beginners will be available starting July 31st, but you can win a copy by entering the giveaway below the recipe!This sheet pan lemon chicken recipe is a super easy meal prep win! It's even freezer friendly and gluten free, what's better than that??? #glutenfree #mealprep #healthy #giveaway #dinner #chicken
Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons 1 juiced and 1 thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1.5 lbs new potatoes
- 5 medium carrots cut into ½-inch coins (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium parsnips cut into ½-inch coins (about ½ pound)
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken, potatoes, carrots, and parsnips to the dressing and coat to toss. Gently pour the vegetables and chicken onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are in a single layer. Top with the lemon slices. Place in the oven and roast for 40 to 45 minutes until the chicken reaches a minimum internal cooking temperature of 165-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Into each of 4 containers, scoop about 2 cups of chicken and vegetables.
- Storage: Place airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To freeze, place freezer-safe containers in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost, refrigerate overnight. To reheat individual portions, microwave uncovered on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes.