Hi, friends! First of all, sorry there was no post yesterday. We were up super late Wednesday night at the ER. Mr. Hungry had a terrible reaction to the antibiotics he was on, he is doing fine now, but I got about 4 hours of sleep on Wednesday night, then Thursday just got away from me! TGIF right?
FRIDAY: sick so I took an OFF day
SATURDAY: still sick so I took an OFF day
- Walking Lunges x 30 (I used #45lb bar)
- Single Arm Lateral Lunge to Overhead Press x 15 each (#20 DB)
- Hammer Curl to Overhead Press x 15 ( 15# DBs)
- Standing with one foot on a bench and holding TRX straps I did one bulgarian split squat and 1 pistol squat 10 on each – holy night I was sore for days
- 15 KB Swings (#35)
- TRX Inverted Row x 15
Circuit 3 (40 seconds on / 20 seconds off)
- Wall sit and ball bounce
- Toe taps on bench
- rotating plank
- Heavy landmine squat and press (#45lb bar + #25lb plate)
Circuit 4 (20 total)
- RDL to upright row (I used #44KB)
- Slam ball overhead toss (#20)
- lateral burpee (no push up)
- 10 front raises in a lunge
Circuit 1 (HEAVY)
- 15 Push Press
- 30 Frog jumps with stability ball
- 15 DB snatch each
- 20 Front Squats
- 5 – 30 second handstand holds
Circuit 2 (5 Rounds 40 seconds on/ 20 seconds off)
- front raises in plank position
- banded touchdowns over a plate
- 8 slider mountain climbers and 4 pike tucks
- alternating rope slams
TUESDAY: Off (I taught all day)
WEDNESDAY: Orange Theory – it was strength day
THURSDAY: OFF – I intended to work out but I have a hard and fast rule that I don’t break. If I don’t get a minimum of 6 hours of sleep I don’t workout that day. It sucks but I need to stick to it.
Next week’s plan:
I feel like because I was sick and lack of sleep I didn’t work out as much as I would like, I’m also kind of winging it which I don’t think is the best idea. So I’m making a plan!
- Friday – Upper Body Focused Lifting (this afternoon)
- Saturday – it’s Nala’s BDAY! Run or hike with Nala
- Sunday – OFF
- Monday – Metabolic workout (before meeting at TI Fitness) – run and lift
- Tuesday – Heavy leg day (in between classes I teach in afternoon)
- Wednesday – OFF
- Thursday – Upper Body Focused Lifting (afternoon)
I finally updated my favorites store! My clients and readers are always asking what I recommend for snacks, protein bars, fitness stuff etc… I put it all in my favorites stuff tab which you can see. You can also get to it at the top, favorite stuff.
You guys, I think I have a thing with coffee cups. I LOVE coffee cups they make me smile when I look at them. I’m obsessed with this coffee cup I bought at Target which I featured in my cookie post!
One of my IG buddies wrote the coolest comment on my cookie post.
These 100% Grassfed Burgers I got at Sprouts were the bomb.
I also love my (affiliate link–>) new lunch bagbut I’m going to tell you all about that soon.
I ordered these (affiliate link–>) shin wraps, they are amazing, literally life changing.
OMG you guys… Trader Joe’s Mixed Nut Butter – it’s too good. I put it in my yogurt it’s insane.
Valentine’s Day Recipes
Mr. Hungry and I usually like to avoid the Valentine’s Day crowd and make a little something at home. If you are looking for recipes to cook at home, these are some of my favorite recipes from the blog. Some of them are bit more on the indulgent side, but still healthier, especially when compared to going out!
These dinners are a bit on the more laudi-de-da romantic side! Fun to cook at home on a special night!
Garlic and Dill Baked Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter
Sheet Pan Coconut Glazed Cod and Asparagus
Maple Glazed Chicken Sausage Skillet
Hempseed Crusted Baked Cod
Healthy Chorizo and Shrimp Paella
Gluten Free Pasta with Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
Sweet ways to celebrate the sweetness of Valentine’s Day!
Frosted Flourless Thumbprint Cookies
Grandma’s No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Easy Skinny Cranberry Cocktails
Flourless Chocolate Peppermint cookies
Chocolate Banana Cookies
Dark Chocolate Puppy Chow Pecans
Healthier No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
3 Ingredient Creamy Chocolate Pudding
Sweet Bourbon Plantains
(Coming this week – a healthy cookie dough something, I’m craving cookie dough!) Have a good weekend!