Hi, friends! Yesterday I promised you a cocktail or mocktail recipe so I’m bringing it today! No big long entry or story to tell you, just a quick easy cocktail recipe that you will love! Why cocktails on a healthy living blog?
Mostly because I see so many on Pinterest (are we friends yet?) and I think to myself, that is pretty, but I would NEVER make that. Alcohol is already a sugar, I don’t need 2 cups of sugar poured in my sugar. I mean, I’m sure it tastes good, but here is the deal.
When I drink, I get the munchies. It could be one glass of wine or 10, it matters not, I’m likely to be face first in the nearest salty carb or treat. It’s one of the reasons I don’t drink very often. However, holidays, especially New Year’s Eve I’m going to have a drink.
Knowing that I’ll likely indulge in treats, I don’t need a five thousand calorie drink of sugar. So, that is my thoughts on that. Besides, this is delicious and super simple!
Skinny Cranberry Cocktails (or Mocktails)
- 1 ounce Vodka if you can find orange flavored that would be great, if not regular is fine - omit for a mocktail
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 4-6 ounces Lemon La Croix
- 2 tablespoons basically just squeeze your oranges orange juice
- 1/4 cup frozen cranberries
- 2 slices of an orange or tangerine
- Combine all ingredients into one drink and enjoy.
- Cranberries and orange slices optional for garnish.
PS last year, my sister in law got us whiskey ice cubes, those things are the best thing ever! I linked to similar ones below!