Hi, friends, how was your Thanksgiving?
We ordered from Cracker Barrel’s, it wasn’t my favorite, but Mr. Hungry really loved it. I just realized that I really enjoy cooking (hence the food blog) so, I’d rather cook. But, for a small group and less stress, it was okay. I definitely thought the year we ordered from Honey Bear’s was better.
And happy biggest shopping day of the year!
I’ll be honest, I’ve never been that into Black Friday, but this year Mr. Hungry said “get what you need for the baby on black Friday, whatever you need.”
My response, “uh, do you want me to tell you what I’m buying?”
His response, “no, just buy it, let me know the total.”
Me, “………………………………………….. *frantically starts searching baby black Friday deals………”
So, while I don’t want to overwhelm you with black Friday nonsense (I’m sure you get enough emails and see enough influencer stories on Instagram) but, I did want to share what I’ve bought so far and just a couple of the best deals from my beloved affiliate partners.
What I Bought For Baby #2
- Halo Premiere Series Bassinet in Pebble (25% off or $72.50 off) at BuyBuyBaby.com or Amazon. (We bought through Buy Buy Baby)
- Newton Breathable Standard Waterproof Mattress – 20% OFF with the code BlackFriday20
- Newton Extra Mattress Cover with the code SAVETEN
- Ergobaby Newborn Embrace with the code ERGO20 (I have the 360, but I don’t like it for the newborn stage, it’s too stiff with the newborn insert.)
- Halo Bassinet Newborn Insert – this was down to $30, but now it looks like it isn’t on sale anymore.
The crib I’m eyeing is the Babyletto Crib, but so far no discounts anywhere! I’m also wanting the snuggle me lounger and a couple of ollie swaddles, but not only are there no discounts, but they are also basically sold out everywhere (at least in some colors)!
I’m also debating on the Willow Pump which is currently $100 off. After talking with the folks at Aeroflow, they gave me some really great advice regarding the Willow. I’m planning on purchasing it in addition to getting a pump through my insurance (since insurance doesn’t cover Willow.) My issue is I don’t want to buy it till the baby is almost here because like with any technology there may be upgrades. I’m also waiting on the Owlet sock 3 which is currently $75 off for that reason. Also, although the Willow is supposed to have better performance, I like that the Elvie uses glass containers (less plastic exposure for baby.) So I’ve decided to wait and think about those things for a while more. (If you have experience with those products I’d love to hear your review, good or bad!)
Affiliate Deals- From Partners I LOVE
- Expecting and Empowered Pregnancy and Post-Partum Guides – I’ve been using these for just a couple of weeks, and for the first time in two years I don’t pee when I cough or sneeze. I can’t believe what a difference it’s made, so trust me expecting mamas it’s worth it! Use code FRIDAY for 20% off and put my IG handle @hungryhobbyRD in the “how did you hear about us section.”
- Blue Apron $80 off the first 4 boxes! No code needed just click here.
- ButcherBox $49 of free steaks in your box! No code needed just click here.