Hello friends! As many of you know, I took last week to spend some time with K.J., regroup, and recharge for the halfway point this year. It was exactly what I needed to get some clarity and a game plan for the rest of this weird year. This weekend Mr. Hungry and his Dad are tiling the shower, our bathroom remodel is almost done! My special recipe project is just about done, the summer class I’ve been teaching online is wrapping up, and I’m looking forward to a few low key weeks before things ramp up again for the semester.
Most of our weekends are spent in the pool. It’s pretty humid and hot outside, so K.J. is up to 30-40 minutes on T.V. time, mostly in the afternoon to keep him out of the heat. Sometimes I put him in the car and drive around in the car just for something to do, summer is BRUHTAL. But summer is also so much fun. He loves swimming and the sprinklers, playing with his water table and chasing the dog. I can’t wait for monsoon season for two reasons, one, because we didn’t have one last year and secondly, it will be fun for K.J.
Alright, I’ve got to head out, I’ve been trying to get out of the house by 630 every day, the best I’ve done is 640am. I just worry about poor Nala’s paws. I feel the concrete with my hand periodically while we are walking, and most of the time, it’s okay, but one time we were out closer to 8, and it started to heat up, so we came home. So I’ve been trying to get out as early as possible to make sure she doesn’t miss her walk do to the hot concrete!
Have a wonderful Friday y’all!
Air Fryer Winner
Just wanted to give you a heads up that the Blogiversary Air Fryer winner has been notified, received their air fryer, and even sent me a delicious recipe! Thanks Bobbi!
WTE? Meal Plan
This week’s WTE? Meal Plan is in your inbox! Check it out, or if you aren’t a subscriber, sign up here!
In case you’re like me, and not about to hand sew yourself a mask, here are 18 retailers selling stylish and fun face masks.
Best For Kids:
- Carter’s plaid face mask for kiddos is available online now and suitable for all ages.
- shopDisney has created masks featuring everyone’s favorite characters, from Star Wars to Pixar.
- Under Armour created masks just for athletes with the airflow they need, a cool feel, and the best fit for fitness.
- Reebok’s face covers are comfortable, washable, and reusable for practicing healthy habits daily.
- Lands’ End’s cotton reusable and washable face mask 3-pack is made from 100% cotton jersey knit.
- adidas face covers are sold out, but you can enter your email to be notified of the next release.
For the fashionista:
- Macy’s has Steve Madden Combat Masks in stock now, in super-cool patterns for big kids and teens.
- Nordstrom Rack is carrying a selection of chic face masks in gorgeous patterns.
- Old Navy’s multi-packs of breathable, washable 100% cotton face masks are now available for pre-order.
- Gap‘s masks are made with soft, lightweight cotton and contain multiple patterns per pack.
- Etsy has a wide selection of handmade masks via independent sellers, available in unique styles.
- Vera Bradley’s non-medical face masks are made from 100% cotton — soft, breathable and comfortable.
- Zulily has a super-wide selection of colorful masks for both kids and adults, all available now.
For the Cause:
- Greater Good donates a respirator mask to a frontline healthcare worker w/code GIVEAMASK.
- Nomad Goods is currently donating any revenue that exceeds costs to the fight against Covid-19.
- Janie and Jack’s masks are made with extra fabric in 100% cotton. For every pair, they’ll donate $5 to children in need.
My in-laws gifted me with an Amazon gift card for my birthday to buy a waterproof camera, so I got this one! So far it’s been fun to use, I’ll report back again after we use it a few more times!
Made these zucchini skins from the Skinny Taste Air Fryer cookbook, and Mr. Hungry said it was his favorite way he has ever eaten a vegetable!
This was kind of a recipe fails, haha, it happens sometimes! I cooked up some butcher box pork sausage with cauliflower rice with the plan to make zucchini boats. When I was done, I was afraid Mr. Hungry would complain it was dry, so I added marinara sauce. Breakfast sausage + marinara sauce is kind of weird, just saying! We ate it, but I definitely would not make it again!
O.M. G, I’m so happy to have smoothies back in my life! Our Smoothie Box delivery came a week ago, and I could not have been more excited! It’s so hot, and the smoothies are so refreshing!
And of course, K.J. is a fan too.
I’ve been adding some regular girl and sunfiber probiotics samples I received from Today’s Dietitian to our smoothies when I remember. I don’t have any G.I. issues right now, so I can’t say I noticed a difference, but I always think probiotics are healthy additions to your day!
I’ve also been trying to break my nightly sweets habit with a healthier alternative, my one-minute P.B. mug cake!
This week’s workout felt pretty good!
During the week, I’ve been trying to squeeze a workout in around 9 am, and I’ve been able to get it done, but I wouldn’t say they were the best workouts ever. I’ve figured out that I can keep K.J. entertained for about 30 minutes max in the gym, so on the days I need to squeeze a workout in while he is awake, I’ve been trying to limit to 30 minutes. Or, if I’m desperate, I turn on one of his shows for the last 15-20 minutes.
It’s not perfect, but it works for this season of life right now!
Friday (7/10) – Aaptiv Shoulders – Oh my gosh, I was so sore after this no-equipment workout I couldn’t take off my sports bra forever.
Saturday (7/11) – Aaptiv Run
Sunday (7/12) – Burn Boot Camp Leg day
Round 1 – 90 seconds each exercise + 10 back squats in between each exercise
Round 2 – 45 seconds each exercise + 10 back squats in between each exercise
- Alternating Lunges
- Glute Bridges
- Sissy Squat
- Sumo Monster Walks
- Weighted Squat Jacks
Monday (7/13) – OFF
Tuesday (7/14) – Burn Boot Camp upper body workout
Wednesday (7/15) – 24 minute quick HIIT workout
Thursday (7/16) – Off