Need a zero hassle dinner in a flash? This super easy spaghetti squash skillet is ready in 20 minutes and you only need five ingredients! Paleo Friendly, Gluten Free, Low Carb
Welcome to Wednesday, what do you have planned for dinner tonight? One thing you guys told me on the Hungry Hobby survey last December was that the middle to end of the week is the hardest to stay on track. Plans break down, schedules get hectic, motivation wains, and you end up in a drive-thru or eating something easy but not nutritious. Sound familiar? I get it, sometimes it happens to me too that’s why I’m going to try to get easier recipes up towards the end of the week so you have somewhere to turn when you need the inspiration to get a healthy meal on the table fast.
One of the biggest shortcuts with this meal is microwaving the whole spaghetti squash at once. This makes it fast to cook and less dangerous to cut through. My Youtube video below explains how to microwave a whole spaghetti squash but don’t judge my nails it was one of my first videos ever, I didn’t think about stuff like that.
While your spaghetti squash is cooking you’ll brown your chicken sausage. However, I have to admit something to you, this is actually not my recipe. This is another Mama Shallal specialty (my MIL) which she made over the holidays for us, but with diced ham that we got in our holiday Butcher Box. I went looking for a small uncured spiral ham like we received in that box and couldn’t find it at three stores. Even if I had found it, I’m not about putting up recipes with hard to find ingredients in them for you guys, so I switched it to using Italian chicken with sun-dried tomato sausages from Trader Joe’s. You could use ham, or any kind of chicken sausage you want, this recipe is surprisingly versatile.
Is this even a recipe? I don’t know if it even qualifies but I know how good it was when I tasted it the first time, and I would have never thought to make spaghetti squash that way so I figured it was worth sharing! Hopefully, it’s one of those end of the week recipes that will keep you on track at least until the weekend! Of course, I also have to plug for What to Eat? Meal Plans because there is no better way to ensure you stay on track then planning to succeed. Remember they are 25% off until 1/19 so get on it, people!
5 Ingredient Easy Spaghetti Squash SkilletNeed a zero hassle dinner in a flash? Super easy spaghetti squash skillet is ready in 20 mins!Click To Tweet
5 Ingredient Easy Spaghetti Squash Skillet
Yield 4 servings
Need a zero hassle dinner in a flash? This super easy spaghetti squash skillet is ready in 20 minutes and you only need five ingredients!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 4-6 chicken sausage links or 1lb of uncured diced ham
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ -1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 tablespoons parmesan (omit for dairy free, optional)
- Follow video instructions for cooking your spaghetti squash in the microwave. Cut slits in it lengthways, microwave on 70% power until tender. Cut it in half and cut out the seeds! Alternatively, you can cook it in the oven or in the instant pot.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking, cut your chicken sausage into slices. I cut mine in half and then cut slices so I had half-moons. Add the chicken sausage and avocado oil to a large skillet.
- Once the chicken is lightly browned, add in all the spaghetti squash to the skillet. Add salt and garlic ½ teaspoon at a time until desired taste is achieved. I used 1 teaspoon salt and 1.5 teaspoons garlic.
- Divide into four servings and serve immediately.
Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15 g
Total Carbohydrates 20 g
Protein 22 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I'd love to connect with you!I am always so grateful when you let me know you tried one of my recipes or workouts and tag me in your photos or updates. Tag @hungryhobbyRD if you make this!
Want more healthy easy meals?
Sign up for What to Eat? Meal Plans to ensure you stay on track all week every week!