Happy Monday Everyone, I hope yours was less of a true Monday then mine was. Today started with waking up frantically 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave. I don’t know what happen, maybe I set my alarm wrong or shut it off and went back to sleep… either way I hate starting my week off like that!
Anyways, let’s back track…last night I got kind of creative with what I had left in the fridge and made a breakfast for dinner (this is clearly becoming a regular thing) that was super delicious and only took 5 minutes to throw together!
– 1 small gala apple
– 1/2 to 2/3 package of cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup)
– 2 tbsp sun butter
– 1/4 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
– 2 tbsp dried cranberries
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp honey
1) Chop apple into small squares and toss with cooking oil spray like PAM. Toss with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or pumpkin pie spices.
2) Microwave apple for one minute, stir and microwave for another minute.
3) Add 1/2 or more package of cooked quinoa (or about 1/2 cup) and 1/4 a cup of milk, stir/ mix together.
4) Microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes.
5) Top with 1-2 tbsp sunbutter, 1 tbsp dried cranberries and 1-2 tsp honey. Enjoy immediately.
Approximate Nutrition Facts:
Today’s breakfast of a Fruit Parfait Style Overnight Oats was eaten in the car on the way to work. I’m glad I had it ready because I was so stressed I actually considered not eating breakfast, which I pretty much never do! An upside to today was that I had an extra hour of sleep accidentally and for my last week at the hospital my favorite item was on the menu, South of the Border Salad! (Trying to think with the Glass Half Full here!)
I’m already switching up this week’s workouts and opting to do some relaxing yoga tonight. Today was a bit stressful, plus I have no desire to repeat yesterday’s adventure of driving in a flood! I see wine and cheese in my future for dinner tonight. 🙂
Links I Loved Today:
Athletes Looking for a Competitive Edge (seacoastonline.com)
30 Vegetarian Dinner Recipes in 20 Minutes or Less (kitchentreaty.com)
Hearty Grilled Vegetables (myrecipes.com)
Question of the Day:
What’s your favorite go to inside workout when the weather keeps you indoors?
I usually go for yoga, tabbata training, workout videos, or jump roping/weight lifting.