Chicken and bacon tossed with ranch and stuffed into a roasted zucchini boat. This recipe is an easy, healthy, low carb dinner win for tonight!
You guys, this dinner is everything.
It has bacon and ranch.
So let’s do this, shall we? Here is how to make these delicious zucchini boats with pictures!
I know when I was first learning how to cook, pictures and step by step tutorials really helped! Feel free to scroll past this tutorial if you don’t need it though!
Step 1: Prep Your Zucchini Boats for Oven
I like to make a cut all the way around the core of zucchini so all I have to do is scoop it out with a spoon. I scoop out most of the seeds, leaving about 1/2 inch thickness around all sides of the zucchini boats.
Then spray the cut side with cooking spray and seasonings. Then you place all the zucchini boats face down and bake them on a sheet pan at 400F for 20 minutes.
Step 2: Cook Bacon
I like to cook bacon in a skillet, but you can also bake it or microwave it. You can reserve your bacon fat aka lard and use it in place of the avocado oil in this recipe or not.
Up to you! I actually do cook with bacon fat on occasion. It’s not the healthiest oil choice, but oh man, the flavor can’t be beat! I’ve actually used it a lot since I haven’t been able to eat dairy or eggs.
Step 3: Cook Chicken On Skillet
Next, cook up your onions, garlic, and chicken. Then toss the whole thing with half the bacon and 1/3 cup ranch dressing.
Step 4: Stuff Zucchini Boats
Likely you’ve already pulled your zucchini boats out of the oven! Now it’s time to fill them!
And once your done stuffing, it’s time to grab a fork and dig in!
As always, let me know if you try this one! Mr. Hungry took the leftovers I made when I photographed this recipe for lunch. He wanted his cut up with brown rice so that’s what I did!
If you are a meal plan subscriber, this recipe will be appearing on your meal plan soon! Not signed up for weekly meal plans that come with a grocery list and meal prep guide? Learn More and Sign Up for a FREE Week!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Preheat oven to 400F and line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut zucchini in half and scoop out the center. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with dill, garlic, and black pepper. Place face down on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cook bacon in a medium-large skillet.
- When bacon is done, remove it from the pan and allow it to drain on a paper towel. Wipe the pan clean and add 1 tbsp avocado oil with the onion and garlic. Cook for 1-3 minutes or until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chicken breast and cook 8-10 minutes or until all the chicken reaches 165F.
- When the chicken is done cooking, add in half the bacon crumbled. Toss chicken and bacon with ranch, then add the mixture to zucchini boats.
- Use the remaining bacon to crumble on top of each boat. Garnish with green onions.
- 10 Unbelievably Good Ways to Eat Zucchini
- Bacon Zucchini Egg Muffins
- Low Carb Zucchini Enchilada Bake
- Low Carb Zucchini Noodle Lasagna