Breakfast Stuffed Delicata Squash are sweet roasted delicata squash boats stuffed with a savory and salty mix of eggs, bacon, garlic, and onion. Basically heaven.
You guys, I have so much to tell you about, so much I could write about, so much, so much, so much. You know what though?
All I can think about it is how awesome it is when someone tells you they tried your recipe. It’s basically like some kind of food blogger crack, I can not begin to tell you how cool it is. Not that crack is cool, but that isn’t the point.
The ladies in my healthy habits challenge have been telling me all about their creations and I just think that is so awesome. If you have ever made something you saw on social media or got on a blog you follow, seriously go tell them, I promise you will make their whole day.
I don’t care if they have 15 followers or 15 billion followers, you will likely still make their whole day. Us health bloggers, we started for a reason, usually related to inspiring healthy living. (Read my new mission on my about Kelli page.) When you make our recipes you literally fulfill our mission.
I know after last night’s Instagram post, you were expecting cookies. Hold on my little cookie monster, I promise cookies are coming this week! First, I wanted to prepare you to get back on track with a healthy breakfast from whatever life throws at you.
Christmas parties, cold weather, office treats, holiday baking, once a year treats galore. Yep, it’s that time of year! I made this recipe but when I made it, I roasted a few extra squash.
Then, toward the end of the week when I ran out of this recipe, I just scrambled some eggs, filled the squash, and then devoured! Easy peasy, no fuss meal in no time!
That’s it! I can’t focus anymore on writing because my husband, although he has headphones on is screaming at the TV. I have Walking Dead to thank for that.
Why you would want to hear gross sounds from made up zombies is beyond me (sounds like they are hawking a continuous loogie to me), which is why he wears the headphones.
I literally can’t stand it, so gross. If we have an apocalypse like that, I want to be the first to go. Let it be known, I will not fend off loogie hawking zombies to survive.
What are your favorite/least favorite shows?
My favorites are Empire, Once Upon A Time, Vikings, Game of Thrones and I got sucked into Shameless. Shameless is like a train wreck or car accident, you just can’t help but slow down and gawk.
What are your favorite/least favorite shows that someone in your home watches?
Breakfast Stuffed Delicata Squash
- 2 delicata squash
- 2 piece of uncured bacon + 1 for garnish
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt with dried parsley or 1/4 tsp garlic, 1/4 tsp dried parsley, 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or a pinch
- 2 green onions sliced (extra for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil your choice, I used the bacon fat from making the bacon
- optional: cheese for topping
- optional garnish - parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash the outside of your squash and then dry. Cut in half length ways. Place the squash cut-side down on a greased pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until squash is tender.
- When squash is done roasting, remove from oven, flip them over and fill the centers with eggs (Diving equally among the four halves). Garnish with additional bacon crumbles, green onions and dried parsley! Optional (top with cheese, as I did in this Instagram post.)
Still not sure what to do with delicata squash? Try one of these!