Hi friends, I hope your day is going well! Mine started with a 3.25 mile run. I was super excited because I found my old compression socks from last winter! I like my compression leg sleeves, but I love my socks because they don’t cut off at the ankle.
In truth I barely did any stretching, I need to do some tonight and icing. I’m also hoping to get a little core work in tonight! After I got ready for the day I made a green smoothie which was DELICIOUS!
– 1 frozen banana
– 1 scoop Vanilla Recovery Protein Powder- Formulx (–>affiliate link)
– 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
– 1 spoonful peanut butter
– 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
– big handful of spinach
– about a cup of ice
– sprinkle of cinnamon
Meetings all day today including during lunch! I heated up some leftovers of my High Protein Pumpkin Pancake Bake! I know I still haven’t shared it, I promise it will be up by the end of the week! (I based it off my very popular Single Serving High Protein Pumpkin Pancake).
The pancakes also have bananas in them and are topped with almond butter! There have been times where I’ve accidentally ate bananas and nut butter all day long. That was mostly during the busy days of my internship, but it’s happened since then. I can’t help it, it’s one of my FAVORITE most satisfying healthy combinations. I think back on the day, or look at a post and say to myself wow you had some sort of nut butter and banana at every meal and snack today. Some of my favorite ways to enjoy banana plus sun butter/ peanut butter/ almond butter are:
- in smoothies
- in pancakes/scrambles (Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Scramble)
- as a pre/post workout snack (just banana and nut butter)
- in overnight oats
- frozen banana sandwich bites
- as a wrap in a tortilla (I call it quesadilla but Mr. Hungry says it can’t be a quesadilla if there is no cheese, he has a valid point.)
- the classic banana/ nut butter sandwich (this grilled one needs to come back into my life soon)
- on toast or bagels
- in muffins
I’m still a little hungry and there is a half of banana in the fridge calling my name… not even kidding. There is also my daily bag of carrots, maybe I’ll start with that… but doubtful!
What is your favorite food combination you can’t get enough of?
My close second would be eggs and cheese, can’t get enough of that either. Scrambled, sandwiches, burritos, omelets… you name it I want it!