Happy Humpday everyone! Halfway there people!
Last night’s Alpha workout was interesting, it was more metabolic conditioning then strength which I was kind of bummed about because I feel like I’m pretty conditioned from all the running. It’s the muscle department that I’m lacking in. Anyways, the workout was 5 Rounds 500 meter row, 20 sit ups, 10 pull ups. Paul and I were the only ones there so we finished super quick. So the coach threw together an ab set for us, 20 bicep curls and stability ball circles (balance on your forearms on the ball and move your arms in a circle 10 in each direction.) When we got home I actually tacked on some more upper body strength training. I did 4 rounds of 15 squats (12lb weights), 15 front raises (8 pounders), 15 chest flys (8lb pounders) and 15 single tricep kick backs (8 pounders). I felt a little more worn out after that and was ready for dinner!
So ready for dinner that I forgot to take a picture, but it was a no brainer with leftovers of my Healthy Shrimp Enchilada Bake.
This morning the alarm went off at 4:55am, if it hadn’t been clear across the bedroom requiring me to get up to turn it off I probably would not have gotten up. Somehow I got myself dressed and out the door to meet the run club by 5:30am.
Pre workout 1/2 banana
I ran with them once before, and although I enjoyed it I didn’t think it was worth the wear and tear on my hip. With my new found confidence from the Maggies Place 10K last weekend where I had no hip pain in lord knows how long, I decided to meet up with them again. This time my goal was to keep up with a faster group then last time, and I did, I don’t know how, but I did. To start, I was still fidgeting with my arm band and then during the first mile I had to stop and tie my shoe and then catch up. At mile 2 I told myself, just go halfway with them and then you can ease up. At mile 3, I persuaded myself into another half a mile. Then we made a turn and started running through a neighborhood that I was not familiar with. Even though I was tired, my options were: drop back and get lost, or push through. I kept pushing through till we were back on the main street, then I started praying for red lights so I could catch my breath a bit. The first two I prayed for stayed green with that wonderful little walk sign on, so I told myself to make it to 5 miles since that was what was on my schedule. Then, we finally got a couple rests at two stop lights and I was able to finish the 5.5miles with them. Man was it tough, but boy I was proud of myself!
Mile 5- 10:06
Total 5.65 miles Time 55:20minutes
After the run I came home and made some fresh juice with the new juicer we got. I’ve been enjoying lots of green juice this week, but today I threw in a couple of carrots.
Looks gross from the side but it was really tasty.
The star of the morning was same as yesterday and I could hardly wait to get out of the shower to make it again. This is so good, I can’t even begin to explain how good it is. I am probably going to be eating this a lot, all my favorite things in the morning: eggs, pumpkin, protein, sun butter. Usually I would say that too many good things at once ruins a good thing, but not here, this is amazing.
Ingredient Round Up:
– 1/2 ripe banana
– 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
– 1/3 cup egg whites
– 1 egg
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
– couple drops of stevia to taste (or honey/agave/brown sugar)
1. Mash banana while it is still in the peel, then finish mashing it in the bowl.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and mix throughly. Your mixture may have a few banana chunks but should be pretty consistent. I also use more cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice then this, but it is up to your taste buds.
3. Coat a non stick pan with cooking oil spray, canola oil, or coconut oil (best for taste.) Scramble egg mixture on medium high until set, about five minutes. You want a little “toasting” of the eggs, but not burnt or over done. It won’t look like nice fluffy eggs, but don’t you worry about that because it taste bomb dot com. (yep, I said it.)
4. Enjoy topped with spoonful of sunbutter and raisins (other additions that would be nice would be more honey, cranberries, other dried fruit, other nut butter, and nuts.)
Make it through today and your over halfway done, let’s get it done!