An easy meal prep friendly sheet pan meal! These juicy bacon wrapped chicken thighs and roasted green beans will give you something to look forward too!
Happy almost Friday friends! I’m excited for this weekend because it’s my baby shower! My friend Jenna is hosting the shower at our house with help from my mom and Paul’s parents. It will be nice to have everyone together and play some awkward baby shower games! I mean, I always thought baby shower games were awkward, but maybe that’s because I’m a little (okay a lot) awkward so there is that.
Anyways, today’s recipe comes to you because it’s one of Mr. Hungry’s favorite lunches to meal prep for the week. It’s really easy too because it can all be made on just one pan! All you do is wrap your chicken thighs in bacon and place them on a sheet pan to bake while you prep your veggies!
After about 15 minutes you add the veggies to the pan. Toss them with oil and seasonings, then continue to bake the whole thing for another 30 minutes or so.
You may want to toss your veggies half way through so that they get roasted evenly, but other than that it’s pretty hands off! When the meal is done, you can just throw it all in your meal prep containers and you are done!
I tempted to say “so easy a man could do it” but I won’t because I know that some men LOVE to cook. Mr. Hungry isn’t one of those men though. Since I’ve been pregnant, Mr. Hungry has taken over preparing his lunches out of necessity. He wanted healthy meals so he wasn’t tempted to eat out every day for lunch so he took over, because often I couldn’t get to it (aka too nauseous, tired, etc.)
These bacon wrapped chicken thighs and green beans have been one of his go-to lunches over the past few months so I thought I would share it with you guys! If you are a bacon lover or just lover of simple recipes, give this one a try!
PS, sometimes this makes 3-4 servings for him depending on how big the pieces of chicken are. Sometimes he also adds one bag of Seeds of Change Instant Brown Rice with Kale to his lunches as well. (Splits one bag between all the lunches.)
If you are a meal plan subscriber, this recipe will be appearing on your meal plan soon!
Not signed up yet? What to Eat? Meal Plans! are balanced, healthy, gluten-free meal plans designed to make healthy eating more convenient. Plus they include delicious recipes from Hungry Hobby like this one! Learn More and Sign Up!
Sheet Pan Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs (Meal Prep)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Cover a sheet pan with foil and spray it.
- Wrap each chicken thigh in bacon, so it's fully covered. Place bacon wrapped chicken thighs on one side of the sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, prep your green beans and onions. Trim green beans and slice the red onion.
- After the 15 minutes is up, add the green beans to the other side of the pan and toss with oil. (Just drizzle the oil on top and use your hands or tongs to toss them, so they are well coated.) Sprinkle with seasonings, you really can't overdo it (except maybe with the pepper) so don't worry about that! Drizzle a little oil on the red onion and line those up on the center of the pan between the chicken and the green beans.
- Bake for 30 more minutes or until chicken reaches a temperature of 165F internally. You may want to toss green beans (mix them up with tongs) halfway through so that they roast evenly.
- If your chicken is done, but the bacon isn't as crispy as you want, you can remove the green beans from the pan and broil the bacon wrapped chicken for no more than 3 minutes.
- Divide chicken and green beans among 3 meal prep containers and you are done!
You may also like:
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later and follow @hungryhobby for more healthy recipes, quick workouts, and nutrition tips!