Advent Jar Recap
So I haven’t done the best job of documenting the advent happenings but here is a recap of the Advent Jar So Far:
3- kiss under missle toe
4- share a favorite christmas memory- mine was the year of Lisa Frank
5- Scratchers- we won our money back on one of them!
6- funniest moment in relationship (engagement was the answer)
7- Make a christmas collage
8- watch a christmas version of a TV show (we watched the Blackish Christmas Episode)
9- buy Missy a present
10- Have a drink
11- play a Christmas game
13- drink egg nog—> we turned this into baileys and hot chocolate
15- enjoy peppermint candy cane
16- take a family photo
17- buy a christmas ornament
We’ve missed a couple so far (the ones in red) but we will make them up! Now that the fam is visiting from California they are playing along with us!
Breakfast = eggs whenever possible
Snacks = Paleo Cinnamon Raisin Bread
I also snacked on the usual spoonfuls of peanut butter or quest peanut butter protein bars. Recently, I’ve been sooooooo addicted to these peanut butter protein balls Mama Shallal made, I’ll definitely be sharing some version of the recipe when I can!
Mama Shallal’s Homemade Pumpkin Bread–> literally nothing that beats this!
Lunch on Monday was Salmon and Broccoli which I ate while trying to study and catch up on Once Upon a Time. That type of multi-tasking I feel like I used to be much better at!
Lunch on Tuesday (and what it will be today) was tuna mixed with avocado, dill, parsley, garlic, celery, and raisins. Yogurt and slivered almonds and a huge bag of carrots.
Dinners have been salads with leftover protein from whatever everyone else had for dinner.
And last night I was still really hungry after dinner so I had more paleo cinnamon raisin bread and protein balls. I know that bodies naturally get really hungry late at night and it can be a sign that your staying up to late, but I feel like I’ve been excessively hungry at night. Usually when this happens to me I try to reflect on the reasons why I might be getting really hungry after dinner:
- Not eating enough through out the day- I think I’m good there
- Not sleeping enough- this may be an issue, but not the last couple of days
- Stress- no more than normal
- Something changed- I did start taking these Multi-Vitamins but they shouldn’t really make me hungry at night.
- Nervous or anxious? Nope not really.
- Not eating enough for dinner. I think this is it. When I get home I’m not necessarily super hungry so I start with a salad, as I eat my salad my body relaxes and my hunger hormones finally turn on full force. I think I need to go with something a little more substantial for dinner even if I’m not super hungry to start with.
Self-reflection is key to weight loss and weight management especially through stressful times like the holidays! Remember self-reflection is the same as self-bashing, it is a non judgemental process! NO JUDGEMENT ZONE!
Hope you have a great Wednesday!