This Paleo Cinnamon Raisin Bread is a healthier but equally delicious version of your favorite sweet bread. Be prepared to make more than one batch!
Hi Friends! Today I’ve got a recipe for you that will make you swoon at first bite, Paleo Cinnamon Raisin Bread! I know I said that this week was all about the leftovers, but really there are only so many ways I an make turkey into an enchilada.
I told you, I make Mexican food with my leftover turkey and let everyone else consume the stuffing and what not. So today, you get the most delicious bread I’ve ever made! The slightly sweet cinnamon smell that filled the air while it was baking was almost as much torture as letting it cool slightly cool before slicing the first piece from the freshly baked loaf.
This loaf has a lightly crisp crust and a moist cinnamon inside with sweet bites of raisins in every mouthful. How could I not share it?
This recipe is an old one but a good one from 2014, three years ago! I knew I needed to bring it back with better photos for this holiday season. It’s the perfect breakfast to have around for your guests for the days leading up to the holidays or on the holiday itself.
You could also wrap it up and take it with you, even if you are traveling it will make it. What says love more than freshly baked cinnamon raisin bread? NOTHING!
Do you have your shopping done? We went on Sunday but I’m sure we forgot things that we will have to run out for. Good thing at my new house I have fifteen stores in a 1-mile radius so it isn’t too inconvenient.
Remember, if you are scrambling last minute to finish off your Thanksgiving menu or find something to bring, check out my healthy Thanksgiving menu! It’s complete with a how to do what and when, but also, a complete shopping list! Get on it people! This will only be available for the month then it goes away so make sure you check it out!
Paleo Cinnamon Raisin Bread
[clickToTweet tweet=”#paleo #cinnamon raisin #bread – #healthy #lowcarb version of your favorite bread! #recipe” quote=”#paleo #cinnamon raisin #bread – #healthy #lowcarb version of your favorite bread! #recipe”]
Paleo Cinnamon Raisin Bread (GF)
- 1/2 cup applesauce unsweetened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 T coconut flour (or oat flour)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 T cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F, grease a 9 by 5 bread pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients including almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients including applesauce, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just mixed. Mix in raisins.
- Add to bread pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let stand at least 15 minutes.
Paleo Coconut Almond Banana Bread