Sorry this post is so late guys, it’s been a weird day. First of all, I didn’t wake up hungover as shit for the first time since I was 15. I know, I’m not sure how I feel about that statement but moving along, I did wake up kind of sick like I woke up every day this past week. So I was in bed last night by 10 pm, I know I am a PARTAY ANA MULL! ha ha After 15 years of bringing in the New Year super drunk, it was actually kind of a nice change. Today I woke up late and made Mr. Hungry and I egg sandwiches. Then I cooked and photographed three different recipes for you guys! 5 ingredient healthy egg muffins, 5 ingredient pumpkin seed bars, and slow cooker oats (also 5 ingredients ha ha) coming your way soon! I also was kind of avoiding writing this post. I started it last night and then stopped, honestly because I realized how many of the goals I achieved for myself I didn’t complete. I always review my goals with you guys so here were my 2017 goals:
- Have 12 regular cycles. – I’m just happy that everything is still looking good a full year after having amenorrhea for 5 years and things resumed normally after our recent loss. What I should reword this to be “don’t end up with amenorrhea again.”
- Don’t sweat the small stuff – I think I’m pretty good at this except when Mr. Hungry is sweating the small stuff then it bothers me. Something to continue to fight for.
- I’m combining all my goals of push-ups, hands stands, and pull ups because my shoulder injury in early 2017 blew these out of the water.
- Take More Trips with MR.Hungry – we went to visit Mr. Hungry’s parents and to a wedding does that count? Not really, we had plans for a big trip but my back kind of put those plans on hold.
- Spend more time with family and friends – I actually think I did a great job at this. I reconnected with a ton of old friends this year and have been able to spend a good amount of time with people I love. Of course, I didn’t get enough time with everyone but it’s better than it has been since I started this blog/teacher/business life.
- Read 12 books for fun – um, no. ha ha
- Full update HH – yes
- Grow the HH community – yes definitely!
Alright so I didn’t do awesome and that’s because some of my goals were things out of my control or not measurable, or I didn’t really want to do them. I thought they would be a good idea but I didn’t really want to do them (like read 12 books.) So this year I’m changing that, here are 8 goals for 2018.
- Find somewhere to volunteer.
- Get involved with Church.
- Go hiking at least once a month.
- Use sunscreen every day – I take Nala on LONG walks I need to be more diligent
- Cut all artificial sweeteners – I’ve been good about this, just want to stay focused on it!
- Keep a success long and acknowledge my successes!
- Stop working by 7 pm every day – I guess I’m starting this tomorrow because it’s 9 pm now ha ha
- I’d love it if we could expand our family or at least be on our way to expanding our family by the end of 2018, but that’s in Gods hands so let’s call that more of a prayer and less of a goal.
What are your goals for this year!