Good morning and Happy Tuesday! Today is starting off well for me with a …. and coffee!
You guys know I love my enchilada skillets and dishes right? See Shrimp Enchilada Spaghetti Squash Boats, Low Carb Turkey Enchiladas, Butternut Squash and Chicken Chorizo Enchilada Skillet, 20 Minute Summer Enchilada Skillet, and Shrimp Enchilada Bake.
What I made for lunch yesterday was remarkably similar but still different and super delicious so you know I had to share it with you! Just another enchilada variation to add to the dinner arsenal, why not?
The picture is decent, but the overcast skies weren’t really providing the best lighting for spur of the moment recipe development. Either was the fact that my camera was dead so all I had was my iPhone to work with = blurry. Whatever, I made it work and it was delicious!
I left the tortillas out of this one and went for simple. You could easily throw this mix over brown rice, quinoa, or a low carb tortilla to add a bit of healthy complex carbs in. I just ate mine steaming hot in a bowl (that’s also how I brought it for lunch to work today along with some finger veggies like cucumbers, carrots, and tomatoes.)
I’ve got to run I’m starting the day early, another test out today on the agenda. Slowly but surely I’m knocking out all the certifications needed to get fully up to speed, just takes a little time. Got an upper body workout and sauna time scheduled for tonight and I can’ not wait! Have a good one, and let me know if you try the skillet!
Zucchini and Kale Turkey Enchilada Skillet
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (could probably use less if using a cast iron skillet)
- 3 cups tuscan kale, shredded
- 1 lb ground turkey (ground chicken, beef, pork, or bison could be subed)
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces shredded cheese I used pepper jack
- Saute onions in skillet for 2-3 minutes until translucent and fragrant. Add in minced garlic and saute for an additional minute. Finally add in kale and saute until wilted.
- Add in turkey and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add in chopped zucchini and seasonings, let meat finishing browning for 3-5 minutes. Mix in enchilada sauce.
- Top with shredded cheese and broil on high for 60 seconds, dig in!
We have been eating a lot of kale lately, and are always looking for new recipes. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the recipe…I can’t wait to try this recipe! I think it might be a winner for both my husband and the kids! Yum! Pinned and sharing.