I’ve got a new obsession for this summer….
After seeing the idea if tequila and sangria mixed together here and here, I knew I needed to give it a whirl for Cinco De Mayo. It was epic, I love my cocktails with a hint of sweetness and this totally hit the spot.
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 bottle of pinot grigio
- 3 large oranges
- 5 limes
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1-2 cans of lemon lime soda (I used diet)
- Combine orange slices, tequila, and agave nectar in a pitcher and refrigerate overnight.
- Two hours or more before the drinks are to be served pour in the wine and refrigerate again.
- Fill short glasses 1/2 way full with alcohol mix and some tequila soaked fruit, fill remainder of glasses with soda. Enjoy!
This is definitely a strong drink so you need some mexican food to help soak it all up! Paul and I got mini chimis from Macayos and I made Chile Verde Shrimp. Macayos also hooked us up with free guac, salsa, and chips… not sure why but I’ll take it! We had a nice little Cinco De Mayo date talking about all the stuff we want to do with the house.
House Wants/To Do List:
- Get sectional couch
- Nicer blinds
- Furniture for guest bedroom (get us a new bigger bed and put queen in guest room)
- Landscaping outside
- Upgrade bathroom (stain wood, upgrade counters)
- Get small kitchen table
We definitely are excited about owning a home, but trying to pace ourselves in getting it all fixed up and not go bankrupted in the process. We constantly have to ask ourselves what do we NEED versus what to do we WANT. The old NEED vs. WANT question/debacle. I think we have determined we need the sectional and bedroom set for comfortable guests, the rest we can go slowly on.
Looking for more fiesta themed recipes? Try one of these southwestern recipes:
Question of the day: What was the last thing you had decide whether you needed or wanted it? Did you get it?
(updated with new recipe suggestions 5/3/16)