Italian Turkey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes in the Instant Pot is the easiest meal you will EVER make! The entire healthy meal can be made in under 30 minutes!
Hey, friends I’m still enjoying Blogfest in Las Vegas. This morning started with an awesome Barr workout and now I’m headed to breakfast as soon as I finish this post! Don’t forget to follow along with IG Stories!
Today, it’s time for another Recipe Redux challenge! This month the Redux falls on a Friday which means you are getting your “one dish” meal today and I’ll do my Friday Fitness and Favorites on Monday!
Here was the challenge:
Beat the Heat with the Slow Cooker/Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
Whether you go slow or fast, just don’t turn on the oven. Show us how to keep the kitchen cool by using one of these appliances: Slow cooker, instant pot, pressure cooker. (If you have none of these, use the microwave, rice cooker or another keep-cool appliance.)
I love this recipe so much, I’ve definitely posted it several times over the years in random eats posts. I mean what’s easier than cooking a sweet potato and filling with veggies and ground meat?
I would think nothing, that was, until I got an instant pot! Now the instant pot makes the whole process even easier, something I thought was not possible!
Basically, all you do is cook the sweet potato in the instant pot, I found a SUPER helpful chart which I linked in the recipe below for cooking times, and then use the saute function to cook the filling. ONE DISH – VERY LITTLE CLEANUP!
I use hot Italian turkey or chicken meat when I’m cooking for me and sweet Italian turkey or chicken when I’m cooking for Mr. Hungry. I usually get my ground meat at Sprouts or Whole Foods.
Let me know if you try this one, it’s one of our favorites! Bonus, it’s freezer friendly. I found this out because in my cooking frenzy trying to get August recipes photographed before we moved into the apartment I froze a ton of food.
This one I thought would be mushy and gross when I reheated it but it was actually DELICIOUS! WIN WIN WIN! Happy Friday!
Italian Turkey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Instant Pot
Italian Turkey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 sweet potatoes of very similar size
- .75lb ground Italian turkey or chicken
- ½ cup sliced sweet yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 cups spinach optional
- optional garnish: parsley red pepper, and cheeses
- To pressure cook your sweet potatoes add 1.5 cups water to the bottom and set your washed sweet potatoes on top of the rack that comes with the instant pot. How long you cook your sweet potatoes wil depend on their size. Medium sweet potatoes (about 3 inches in width) will take 30 minutes plus, 10 minutes to naturally release pressure (followed by a quick release.)
- Once your sweet potatoes are done and you’ve released the pressure safely, again follow the directions in that post. Take the sweet potatoes out and drain the instant pot. Add oil and onions to the instant pot and set to sauté. Sauté the onions until translucent and tender.
- Add the ground meat and sauté until cooked all the way through. The instant pot gets very hot so I recommend using the low setting when the meat starts to stick to the bottom.
- Once the meat is done add in 4 cups of spinach and sauté until wilted. (I forgot to do this when I photographed this recipe but I usually add spinach, 95% of the time I make this!)
- Cut your sweet potatoes in half and mush the center down with a fork so you can fill them with meat filling.
- Garnish with parsley, red pepper and cheese if you do dairy!
[clickToTweet tweet=”A #onepot #dinner for the win! Italian Turkey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes #instantpot #paleo” quote=”A #onepot #dinner for the win! Italian Turkey Stuffed Sweet Potatoes #instantpot #paleo”]
PS this is the instant pot that I have – I got the 9 in 1–>
Other Instant Pot Friendly Recipes: