I recently learned that you could “re-publish” posts (thanks Megan!) and I knew immediately I wanted to re-share this recipe! This is one of the very first recipes I shared on this little blog in only my third month of blogging! You may remember me reshooting it recently and linking it in one my WIAW post. Since getting my real camera in December I’ve been really working on improving my photography and I’m proud to say that these photos actually capture how amazing this recipe is.
I love that this recipe is fast, easy, spicy, and healthy. You know what else I love about this recipe, though? This was the first thing I ever made for Mr. Hungry where he raved about how good it was. It was two months before we got married and I LITERALLY remember word for word thinking, “I can totally do this whole wife thing, this is great!” It’s funny how something so small can give you so much comfort when you are making a huge life change. 7 years together and almost 3 years of marriage later the chicken is still spicy and delicious, just like our marriage.
Thanks be to God.
Spicy Asian Chicken Tacos/Lettuce Wraps
Spicy Asian Chicken Wraps are spicy tender pieces of chicken wrapped in crunchy butter lettuce. Quick, healthy, low carb and gluten free!
The ingredient line-up involves your classic Asian spices:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1lb), cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1-2 small clove of garlic finely crushed
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 large green onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or sirracha (more if you like it REALLY spicy)
- taco shells or butter lettuce “wraps”
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- garnish: sesame seeds, sesame cashews, shredded red cabbage, and more sirracha
1. Tenderize your chicken and slice into small strips.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in 10-inch non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, ginger and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes, STIRRING FREQUENTLY, until lightly browned.
3. Stir in coconut aminos, honey, onion and sirracha/pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken is no longer pink in center.
4. To serve, place slightly less than 1/4 cup chicken mixture in each taco shell or lettuce shell. Top with lettuce, more sriracha, or whatever else you wish. Optional garnish with sesame cashews, sesame seeds and cabbage.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury Fast & Healthy Cookbook
This recipe also doubles as a stir fry because for lunch Paul took the leftovers all mixed together with quinoa. Totally versatile!
I now get ALL my meat and poultry from Butcher Box. The taste and quality are absolutely unbeatable. Get $10 off your first box and FREE uncured all natural bacon using my link, here!
Pin For Later:
Post & Photos Updated 8/9/16
- 15 Best Superfoods for Fall (www.health.com)
- 7 Easy Power Breakfasts for Athletes (www.beta.active.com)–> I think these are healthy for anyone!
- No Sweat Recipes for Athletes: Oatmeals 3 Ways (www.beta.active.com)–> also healthy for anyone!