Salmon & Bacon Salad is the perfect throw together salad full of savory bacon, salmon, & walnuts paired with the tart dried cherries & creamy goat cheese. Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb
Happy Monday and welcome to December! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S DECEMBER CAN YOU? O.M.G where did the time go? Now it’s crunch time, I’m working on launching something awesome for you guys and I’m hoping to get ready for the reveal this week. It’s going to be epic, kind of like this epic salad. I will not take 100% credit for this salad as I stoled it and adapted it from Perfect Pear, one of our favorite local restaurants. The thing was, I kind of got lazy when I was adapting this recipe. Their salad is called the fall leaves salad and includes a few ingredients I decided to cut. I didn’t cut them out because I don’t like them, but because healthy eating during the holidays can sometimes be a sttttrrrruuuugggglllllleeeeee. Do you feel me? Between pumpkin, gingerbread, peppermint, and all things salted I kind of forget that salad even exists sometimes. Not to mention things are incredibly busy. I’ll spend December wrapping up the semester, spending time with family, and getting ready for the influx of Hungry Hobby clients come the new year. Plus, like I said I’ve got big things abrewing, just you wait and see buttercup. Anyways, I figure the best chance we all have to stay on track is to keep it simple right? So that is exactly what I did. I threw the salmon in the convection oven (our mini toaster oven) with my two favorite seasonings garlic salt and lemon pepper. I was even so lazy as to buy precooked uncured bacon and Trader Joes. So when the salmon had five or so minutes left I just threw on the remaining ingredients. The best thing about this salad? You don’t need a dressing. Just nuke your goat cheese for 20-30 seconds and it will be creamy enough to be your dressing! That’s how you get healthy eating done during the holidays! Enjoy!
Quick Salmon & Bacon Salad
Quick #salmon & #bacon #salad - a high protein, low carb, hella tasty meal ready in under 30 mins!Click To Tweet
Salmon & Bacon Salad
Salmon & Bacon Salad is the perfect throw together salad full of savory bacon, salmon, & walnuts paired with the tart dried cherries & creamy goat cheese.
- 4 ounce wild salmon fillet
- sprinkle lemon pepper
- sprinkle salt
- sprinkle garlic
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1-ounce goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries
- 2 cups greens
- Preheat oven (or small convection toaster oven) to 400F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Sprinkle salmon with lemon pepper and salt and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until salmon is flaky and cooked all the way through.
- If you did not purchase precooked bacon, then cook bacon while salmon is in.
- Assemble the salad with walnuts, bacon, and dried cherries. When the salmon is done add that as well. Right before serving microwave goat cheese for 30 seconds and add to salad. Mix salad around with a fork, the goat cheese will be creamy enough to serve as a dressing.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 35 g
Total Carbohydrates 18 g
Protein 43 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I'd love to connect with you!I am always so grateful when you let me know you tried one of my recipes or workouts and tag me in your photos or updates. Tag @hungryhobbyRD if you make this!
Check out my other salad recipes or one of these: