Introducing my latest obsession….
These muffins are the result from a massive paleo baking attack that happened last week on my day off. In addition to these, I made paleo bread and breakfast cookies, but these muffins were by far my favorite.
Especially considering almost every paleo baking adventure, especially muffins, tends to fail. This time I came with a plan of attack, I based these muffins off of the recipe for sundried italian herb bread on the back of the honeyville blanched almond flour bag (thanks costco.) They still took a couple of tries to get them right but it was totally worth it because once I left them in the oven long enough they were perfect.
I’m not big into eating just a straight handful of almonds, I know it’s healthy but I just can’t make myself reach for a plain handful of almonds. BORING!
Yes, I tell people to eat nuts all day long, but I usually recommend a variety. I digress, the point is I may not like plain almonds but slightly sweet hearty almond flour muffins bursting with blueberries and peach, now that I can do!
They’ve kept in the refrigerator for well over a week now and I froze some too. I’m at the gym at 6 am tomorrow so you can guess what my breakfast will be… let me know if you try them!
Paleo Blueberry Peach Muffins
- 3 cups Blanched Almond Flour (not almond meal!)
- 1 T xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 cup 100% liquid egg whites
- 1 cup chopped peaches
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350F, line muffin tin with liners or coconut oil
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Add in egg whites and honey and mix till well combined. Fold in blueberries and peaches.
- Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes until inserted tooth pick comes out clean. Don't take them out to early!
- Let FULLY cool before storing in the refrigerator, if they make it that long!
Leave a Reply