Hi Friends! I’m so so so so excited to be back up and running with the Recipe ReDux Challenge, I’ve missed the monthly topics and seeing the creations by all my blog friends! Check out this months theme:
“The holiday baking season is upon us. And this month we’re going way beyond grandma’s banana bread. From sweet to savory and whole-grain to gluten-free, show us your new quick bread creation fresh from the oven.”
So I set out to create an almond flour cranberry chocolate bread, but at first the gluten free gods were not on my side. There were definitely took a few failed attempts and many loaves of bread that never cooked. Then finally, I got the idea to add pumpkin to it and eureka, I had perfect bread!
A chocolate chip covered crust and a nutty hearty center with fresh, hot cranberries bursting through swirls of chocolate. It is fragrant, slightly sweet and rich with cinnamon pumpkin flavor. Did I mention this bread is packed with healthy fat, fiber, and protein to keep you full as well?!?! It is also paleo friendly and therefore gluten free, bonus!
I shared that photo on Instagram last week because I was so excited when I cut into the bread and it was even better than what I had envisioned! Doesn’t it make you just want to grab it and take a bite? Go ahead, I won’t mind 😉
Mini Chocolate Cranberry Pumpkin Loaves
- Preheat ove to 350F
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon)
- Add in sun butter, pumpkin, eggs, stevia, and maple syrup and mix until batter is formed.
- Mix in frozen cranberries and divide batter among 3 mini loaf pans. (I used disposable from Target)
- Sprinkle with dark chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bread is firm and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
For 1/3 of a loaf:
[Tweet “Give the gift of health with Mini Chocolate Cranberry Pumpkin Bread Loaves via @hungryhobby #glutenfree #paleo #vegetarian #lowcarb “]
Make sure you check out the recipe below from fellow Recipe Reduxers as well!