First, if you haven’t entered the 6QT Programmable Slow Cooker Giveaway make sure you do that today, time is running out! Now, onto today’s post!
So…. right now I have THREE hospital bags packed. Is that excessive? I have no idea, but I’m rolling with it. I asked on IG stories last night and got some great feedback, so I’ll tell you guys what I packed then I’ll share some of the feedback I got! (PS this list from one of my October due date buddies Kath was really helpful! I also did some google research as well!)
As you go through this list, keep in mind that our newborn photographer offered also to come to take pictures at the hospital. I haven’t locked down the details with her yet, but I’m packing like I’m planning to have a photographer there. That affects my decision to bring things like dry shampoo and makeup.
So, first up, my bag:
Here is what I have packed:
PS I should have taken this photo after I reviewed my phone list, turns out I still had some stuff to add so not everything on the list is in the picture!
- dry shampoo
- hair ties and clips
- makeup remover
- face wash, astringent and soap
- toothbrushes and toothpaste for both Mr. Hngry and I
- phone charger
- portable phone charger
- matching PJ’s (matches with the baby outfit)
- going home outfit (not attached to this)
- nursing bras (from target thanks to your suggestions!)
- swimsuit top (in case I get in the tub, this is a longshot)
- nipple cream (not pictured)
- nipple pads (not pictured)
- various size sanitary pads (not pictured)
What I plan to add before we leave:
- makeup bag (ready to go on my bathroom counter)
- iPad and iPad charger
- purse (phone, wallet, keys)
Baby’s Hospital Bag
Packed everything in the diaper bag I received on my registry!
- Clothes of various sizes, newborn to 3 months
- and the matching outfit for photos
- Two burp cloths
- One swaddle
- One blanket (not pictured)
- portable changing pad
- I have hats to add that my MIL sent, but I haven’t washed them yet, need to get on that!
What I’m intentionally not bringing: wipes, diapers, baby lotion, etc. I heard the hospital provides these things and there is no reason to bring them?
Mr. Hungry (aka Dad)
I stashed a jacket on the top of the baby bag for him. Between the electronics and toiletries (see above) as well as snacks (see below) we feel like he is covered?!?!?! Anything else he needs???? Keep in mind, we live 10 minutes from the hospital, and he works on the hospital campus, so that adds a bit of comfort.
And then we have the snack bag! The nurse who did the hospital tour said she doesn’t think they feed moms who just gave labor enough and that there were fridges in the room so to pack our snacks. So here is that I have in that bag for Mr. Hungry and I:
- 1 Larabar truffles bag
- 1 bag ofCaveman buffalo style chicken jerky
- a bunch of health warrior pumpkin seed bars(honey and sea salt + dark chocolate)
- a bunch of Orgain protein shakes
- 3 cans of coconut water(for labor)
What I’m On the Fence About
- With three bags in tow, granted the snacks bag could be condensed, the boppy pillow feels like a hassle to bring.
- Socks, I’m not much of a socks person, I get so hot all the damn time.
- Alcohol, champagne sounds fun, but I don’t like champagne, really more of a tequila girl. Are tequila shots allowed?
- My DSLR, since we are having a photographer come, I feel like our iPhones will suffice right? The last thing I want is for my camera to get lost, stolen, or broken.
- Snacks/treats for the nurses, I’ve seen this occasionally on different blogs. Is this like “a thing?”
- Vitamins/supplements, you can’t take them, right?
So far I’ve got a lot of great feedback on IG stories, but let me know if I’m missing anything else or if I’m bringing too much! Always happy to take advice from the mamas out there!
In other news, it’s official, men TOTALLY nest! Mr. Hungry was all about the organizing and cleaning this weekend! Here is what we did:
- cleaned and organized under the bathroom sinks
- cleaned and organized the hall closet
- cleaned and organized the refrigerator
- cleaned and organized under the junk drawer
- cleaned and organized under the laundry room cabinets
- organized the pantry
- deep cleaned (includes things like the toilets, shower, and floors)
- Mr. Hungry did all the outside yard work
- Mr. Hungry also gave Nala a bath
- I put together the swing my mom sent us