Hey friends! First of all, thanks for all your sweet comments on my 6th Blogiversary and 72 Question survey post. If you haven’t entered the Amazon gift card giveaway yet make sure you do that! Then, check back next week for two additional awesome giveaways! Thanks for hanging in there with me last week and early this week while I took some time off while my sitter was out of town. I need to find a backup sitter, but I’m dragging my heels. A topic for another post because today we have two weeks of food, favorites, and fitness to get through!
Um, can we talk about this for a second?
I’ve been eating it all week on these lentil muffins and ERMYGAWD, if you like your mouth on fire kind of hot this stuff is for you!
PS these are SO delicious! Also, the recipe will be available this fall as part of my super special project!
The only other meal I took a photo of was dinner the last couple nights, mahi-mahi and asparagus! The salad recipe was also delicious, and that recipe should be up next week!
I struggled with breakfast this week when I ran out of smoothie packs, so I think I’m going to place another order. They are just SO convenient, and Mr. Hungry liked them too for a quick weekend breakfast.
Speaking of food, do you need a Fourth of July potluck recipe? Try one of these:
- Red, White, and Blue – Berry Bacon Salad with red wine vinaigrette
or check out my 15 Delicious Summer Cookout Recipes round up!
Suction High Chair Toys FTW – they aren’t 100% suction but helpful at entertaining and reducing things going on the floor!
I used this phone stand/selfie stick to film my workout video. It’s the best cell phone stand I’ve found.
These mason jar attachments for soap dispensers are so cute! I hate refilling the soap, but now with a nice wide mason jar top, it’s super easy. Plus they came out super cute!
Two weeks of workouts, here we go! This week I recorded my first workout video, give it some love (like, comment, save) if you want to see more workout videos (I shared it below). Also, what kind of workouts? Cardio/HIIT or lifting or both?
Friday (6/14) – 2 Rounds Glute Activation
Set 1 x 3
- DL x 10 (#40)
Set 2 x 3
- Chest Press x 12-15 (#60)
- Arnold Press x 12-15 (#24)
- Front Raise x 12-15 x 3 (#24)
set 3 x 3
- Chest Fly x 12 (#30)
- lat raise x 12 (#20)
set 4 x 3
- tuck upsx15
- 30-second plank
set 5 x 3
- reverse curls x 20 (#10)
- front raise to tricep extension (#10) x 15
Saturday (6/15) – 5 rounds 40/20
- Lunge crossovers with plate
- break dancers
- 10 mountain climbers to 10 jacks
- side bounds
Sunday (6/16) – OFF
Monday (6/17) – 2 Rounds glute activation
- sumo squat with upright row x 15 (#35KB)
- incline chest press x 10-12 (#50)
- chest fly x 12 (#30)
- stability bowl Bulgarian squats
- row combo (single- single- double) x 10 (#30)
- pullovers x 15 (#25)
- bicep curls x 12-15 (started with #40 dropped to #30)
- overhead tricep extension
Tuesday (6/18) – HIIT 5 rounds (40/20)
- step ups to lunge (30 seconds on each side no rest)
- up down burpee
- KB swing
- Mtn climbers x 10 to 2 push ups
Wednesday (6/19) – 10 minute warm up 2 minutes at 4.0, 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0
1 round glute activation
- chest press x 10-12 (#60)
- chest fly at 35% incline (#20) x 15
- Arnold press x 12 (#30)
- front raise with plate x 12 (#25)
- open and close cactus arms?? (made this term up don’t know the actually name) x 12 (#20)
- reverse curls x 15 (#10)
- skull crushers (#24)
- chest press (hands together) #24)
Thursday (6/20) – OFF
Friday (6/21) – 2 rounds glute activation
- single leg deadlifts x 10 each (#24)
- shoulder press x 15 each
- incline chest press x 10-12 (35%) #50
- chest fly x 2-15 (#30)
- pull over x 12-15 (#25)
- front raise to lateral back to front and down (#24)
- Hammer curls x 10-12 (#40)
- stability ball leg curls x 20
15-minute incline walking workout
View this post on Instagram
Happy Monday friends! You guys said you wanted to see workouts and you would prefer them on the feed vs stories so here we go! I did this workout over the weekend and it was super sweaty! I haven’t been running very much do to a weird issue with my shin but the sprints felt good! If you don’t have a treadmill just run down the street and back 🏃! Make sure to let me know if you want more workout videos! . . 5 rounds: 1️⃣40 seconds side lunges with knee raise (20 seconds on each side) / 20 seconds rest 2️⃣plank rows 40 seconds / 20 seconds rest 3️⃣1min 40 sec progressive sprint /20 secs rest 4️⃣burpee shuffle 40 sec/20 sec rest . . *I use a Tabata timer setting it to 40 seconds work and 20 seconds rest when I do workouts like these, for the sprints I ran through the first cycle of one minute not doing the rest. . . * In the plank rows try not to rock your hips (as you can clearly see I’m doing I filmed this after I did the whole workout so I was 🤪 I was going to record it again but sometimes showing a bad example is good too 😉) squeeze your opposite glute as you lift your arm. Drop down in weight or do shoulder taps to modify.
Sunday (6/23) – 1 round glute activation
3 sets each circuit
- step ups x 15 (each leg) (#30)
- chest press x 10-12 (#60)
- pull aparts x 15 (blue band)
- sumo squat x 12 (#40)
- T raises (front raise to side back to front and down) x 10 (#20)
- lunge rows x 12 (#30)
- Thrusters x 15 (#40)
- Bicep curl x 12 (#30)
- front raise to overhead tricep extension (#10 plate) x 20
Monday (6/24) – OFF
Tuesday (6/25) – 2 rounds glute activation + 3-mile run
Wednesday (6/26) –
- Deadlift x 15 (#45)
- single arm dumbbell snatch x 10 each (#25)
- incline chest press (35%) x 12 — I could do 8 at #50 and 4 at #40
- chest fly x 12 (#30)
- skull crushers (#24) x 15
- alternating overhead press x 20 (10each) #30
- single arm rows x 12 (#25 each)
- stability ball hamstring curls x 20
- open and close cactus arms x 12 (#24)
- plate row x 15 (#25)
- bicep 21’s (#24)
Thursday (6/27) – Went to see Dr. K because, after 3 weeks of no pain, I jumped on the treadmill and guess what, shocking/lightening pain returned. Good news is we figured it out, likely muscular but may involve the bone. Hopefully, it goes away after some needling, taping, and rehab!
For my friends that live in places too hot to run outside right now… 23 Boredom Busting Treadmill Workouts