Today, Hungry Hobby turns six years old!
I can’t believe it. I started this blog six years ago as a fun project to keep me entertained while I was alone in Palm Springs, California, finishing my clinical dietetic internship. I never dreamed what the blog would become for me — a space to connect, create, and share about everything I love from cooking to fitness to our family (from great loss to great blessings and everything in between). It’s been a wild ride, but an amazing one.
I’ve poured everything I have into this space. I spent 5 years blogging 5-6 days a week, and since Little Man was born around four days a week. I really try to listen to what you guys want when I put together my content because the ultimate goal is to be helpful. Seems you guys really like the Day in the Life posts, easy recipes, and workouts so I’ll keep at it!
The survey has been floating around the blogosphere lately, but I saw it first on Ashley’s blog though. I thought it would be a fun way to connect with you guys on Hungry Hobby’s Birthday!
And as a thank you for all your support I’m kicking off the first of three giveaways for Hungry Hobby’s birthday! Enter at the end of this post!
1)What’s the best thing that happened to you this month? I finished my secret super special project 🙂
2) What’s your favorite game? Does trying to cram in more tasks than humanly possible during one nap count?
3)When are you most inspired? When I don’t try to be inspired.
4)If you could teach one subject in school, what would it be? Science
5)What is your favorite beverage? Spindrift
6) What is the best compliment you’ve ever received? You are the most positive person I know. I work really hard at being a positive person, so whenever someone points out how much positivity I have it’s the ultimate compliment.
7) What is your favorite birthday cake? I love funfetti, but what’s more important than the cake is the icing. The birthday cake has to have good icing, not that cool whip stuff.
8) What is one thing you still have from your childhood? A stuffed puppy dog whose name is pookiebear which is also what my Mom calls me.
9) What is your favorite movie? The only movies I can watch again and again are kids movies. I love Ratatouille and Walle.
10) Window or Aisle seat – Freedom to pee and move about as often as possible is priceless.
11) What makes you laugh, no matter what? Ugh, Mr. Hungry. I say ugh because he makes me laugh even when I want to be mad. He won’t stop until I’m laughing.
12) What does creativity mean to you? When I think creativity, I think “process.”
13) What are your favorite lyrics of all time? Maybe it’s because I just went to the train concert but “she checks out Mozart while she does Tibo reminds me that there is room to grow.”
14) What is your favorite holiday? Fourth of July
15) What is heavily played on your music playlist right now? I lost all my music a while back and never tried to rebuild it up, so I listen to random playlists on Spotify or Pandora stations.
16) If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be? My friend Kelsey. We spent a summer together in Barcelona, and I raided her closet every day, I’d like to go back to that ability.
17) Must have purse item? cell phone
18) What did you want to be when you grew up when you were 12? A teacher.
19) What is something you will not be doing in 10 years? Paying a student loan payment.
20) What is the most important life lesson for someone to learn? Be kind to others.
21) How do you start your day? With a strong cup of cold brew. The first thing I do is to get me some coffee.
22) Would you ever live somewhere besides Phoenix? – Heck yes! San Diego, Hawaii, and Denver are the places Mr. Hungry, and I talk about the most.
23) What is your favorite dessert? Apple crumble a la mode.
24) Are there desserts you don’t like? Flan. Custard. jiggly things
25) It’s brunch! What do you eat? What I want to eat is an egg sandwich with runny egg yolk. What I eat right now is bacon and potatoes. After clarifying 100 times that nothing has touched or been cooked in dairy.
26)Where was the best vacation you ever took? Our honeymoon in Hawaii
27) Favorite Disney Animal? Nemo or Dori
28) What is a book you are planning on reading? Liver Rescue by Anthony William – I can’t help it I’m intrigued
29) What did you read most recently? Healing Back Pain by John Sarno
30) Favorite solo artist? Any country singer.
31) What’s something your tired of? I’m with Gina. The IG algorithm has me so annoyed.
32) What city do you wish to visit? I can’t pick just one. I have a goal to go to all 50 states.
33) Heels or flats? I prefer heels, but I often chose flats because of backs, hips, “old age” lol
34) Where does one go on a perfect road trip? We love to head out to San Diego or Tucson.
35) What do you do on a rainy day? When it monsoons, we all stop to watch. Sometimes I’ll take my computer and go work outside. I used to hate the rain, but now I love it.
36) What’s your favorite exercise? Dancing.
37) What was your worse subject in school? English. I have reoccurring nightmares that I didn’t get my college degree because I didn’t pass English in high school, and I have to go back. NOOOOOOOOO Yes, I know I write a blog.
38) What is your spirit animal? A lioness. I’m fiercely protective and go after what I want.
39) What do you usually eat for breakfast? It often changes, but lately, I’ve been on the smoothie train.
40) What do you usually eat for dinner? Some protein and a vegetable.
41) Cooking or baking? Both!
42) Favorite baked good? whatever has frosting on it
43) What is something you wish you could be good at? Cleaning. Okay, I don’t wish that, but Mr. Hungry does.
44) Skiing or Surfing? I’ve never done either. I prefer to stay away from sharks and snow.
45) First celebrity crush? My favorite N’Sync member was JT or JC, whatever his name was.
46) Most recent celebrity crush? *google searches current celebrities*
47) What color was your prom dress? My junior year it was a white dress with pink trim, and senior year it was gold.
48) How do you manage stress? Get done whatever is stressing me out.
49) How do you relax? Watching TV or hanging out in the pool listening to music
50) Age when you were first kissed? 12
51) Place you were first kissed? At midnight on New Year’s Eve
52) The favorite fashion trend of all time? Juicy Couture sweatsuits – allowing you to look high fashion while wearing sweatpants out
53) Best fashion advice you’ve ever received? I don’t think I’ve ever really received any, maybe that’s the problem…. ha ha
54) Current favorite piece of clothing you own? A shirt I recently bought at Target that says tequila, sunshine, and summer.
55) shoes or bags? shoes
56) How do you know if you are in love? If you are unsure, then you aren’t in love.
57) What TV show did you binge watch recently? Single Parents – a must watch. It’s hilarious!
58) Who do you turn to when you are sad? Mr. Hungry or my MIL
59) Leather or lace? both
60) Vintage or new? New
61). What is your Kryptonite? guacamole and chips
62). What are you most enchanted by? traveling
63) What is your biggest strength? Preserverace or the ability to chameleon
64) What is your biggest weakness? Taking things too personal
65) What are three words to describe living in Phoenix? Hot. Cactus. Monsoons.
66) Cutest thing on planet earth? Baby K – I might be biased, though.
67) Favorite color? Yellow
68) Best first date idea? Hiking
69) Favorite time of day? The morning while the coffee buzz is still strong.
70) What do you first notice about someone when you meet them? Their personality or vibe. I know it’s weird, but I read someone’s vibe first.
71) What’s your guilty pleasure? bottomless margaritas & chips/guac
72) Favorite band? I don’t have one, never really have. But right now I’m obsessed with the country song Good Vibes
Don’t forget to enter the Giveaway below. I’ll announce the winner next Friday (the 5th).