I know long time no blog right? Well my shift changed at work and it was a rough transition, I love my shift now I feel super productive but it’s heavy on the beginning part of the week. We’re working out the growing pains and adjusting, I’ve got posts pre-written for you guys this week though!
Guess what? I’ve actually been CONSISTENTLY working out and it feels great. Not that I wasn’t working out before but it definitely wasn’t the workouts I truly enjoy. My hip still hurts sometimes but as long as I keep my routine varied and limit running to one day per week I can stay active and that feels great!
Last Weeks Workouts:
- Sunday– 10 minute warm up, 20 minute sprints (1min/1min), 15 minutes walk uphill, 20minutes stairmaster, 20 minutes foam rolling
- Monday- strength session (3 sets) and 10 minutes sauna
- 12-15 chest press (both, single, single= 1 rep)
- 12-15 row (both, single, single=1 rep)
- Single Leg Press 15 each leg
- Tuesday – random strength and HIIT session (500m row sprint, pull ups, seated row and bent over row, 5 minute amrap- 10 burpees, 10 russian twist with medicine ball, 20 squats)
- Wednesday- pilates
- Thursday- 45 minute spin class and upper body (chest press and rows)
- Friday- 2000 meter row, strength (same as Monday), 20 minute stairmaster intervals
- Saturday- OFF
This Weeks Workout Plan:
- Sunday- Run (fasted AM Cardio)
- Monday- hot yoga (AM) and total body strength (PM)
- Tuesday- total body strength and HIIT (stairmaster)
- Wednesday- pilates and sauna
- Thursday- Spin and upper body strength
- Friday- FIT (group fitness class)
- Saturday- OFF
I think one of the main things holding me back from exercise is fear of injury, but also limiting the amount of time I’m at work. I don’t want to go to the building when I’m not there to work, and it’s hard to break during work to workout. You’d think working at a gym you’d workout more, but sometimes it’s the opposite! Last week I wrote down a plan (like I did this week) to make sure I got my workouts in. On days I didn’t have to work I went into the building during times I knew there would be no one I really knew to distract me with work (like 5am.)
Do you take a minute to plan out the workouts you want to do this week? Plan them into your schedule like an appointment to ensure they get checked off!