These savory, cheesy omelets are packed with the bounty of the farmer’s market, including zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use whatever vegetables are in season to make a delicious seasonal and local breakfast!
Hi, friends! How is your week going, friends? Mine is going pretty well over here! Just wrapping up stuff for classes (for those of you who are new around here, I teach at a local community college), baking my little heart out, and ordering way too many gifts off Amazon. Tis the season, right?
Today, I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes from my new book, the 30 Day Healthy Weight Loss Plan and Cookbook! It’s available for pre-order NOW, and if you’re a kindle lover, the e-book is available now! This recipe is part of the actual 30-day plan, but I like to whip it up any time I feel like the holiday treats are getting a little out of control (even for a pregnant woman) to help get some veggies and healthy protein in!
With launch day just a few days away, each pre-order makes a HUGE impact on this cookbook’s success. Your purchase really helps to show Amazon that this book matters and that you support the author. If you haven’t already placed an order, it would mean the world if you pre-ordered before Tuesday when the book goes on sale!!! Thank you so much for your support!
Farmers' Market Omelets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 10 asparagus spears chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup liquid 100 percent egg whites, divided
- 2 teaspoons salted butter divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese divided
- 4 cups strawberries
- I a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, combine the oil, onion, and garlic. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent and tender. Add the bell pepper, zucchini, and asparagus ot the pan and saute until softened. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove the veggies from the skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 eggs and 1/4 cup of egg whites.
- To the same skillet, add 1/2 teaspoon of butter and the egg mixture. Tilt the pan to cover the bottom with the eggs. Spoon one-quarter of the veggies in the center of the eggs and top with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- When the eggs are almost set, fold two edges over the veggies to make an omelet. Remove from the heat and serve. Repeat three times more to make a total of four omelets.
- Serve with a side of 1 cup of strawberries per person.