Two a days… what’s going on here? Don’t worry, I doubt it will become a “thing”… just wanted to share with you this delicious oatmeal you guys seemed to really like on IG (<—-check it out for behind the scenes action).
It’s perfect for those of you that need a higher protein, higher carb recovery meal post run or endurance training. The extra protein and healthy fat also ups the filling factor so runger doesn’t get a hold of you! #rungerisreal
If you are a meal plan subscriber, this recipe will be appearing on your meal plan soon!
Not signed up yet? What to Eat? Meal Plans! are balanced, healthy, gluten-free meal plans designed by a Registered Dietitian (that’s me!) to make healthy eating more convenient. Plus they include delicious recipes from Hungry Hobby like this one! Learn More and Sign Up for a FREE Week!
Chocolate Sun Butter Recovery Oats
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder can be whatever brand, you may want to use a full scoop if you need the extra protein
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup milk I used unsweetened cashew milk
- 1-2 T sun butter (you’ll want a sweeter one or you may need to add stevia depending on taste preference)
- 1 T granola
- 1/2 banana for topping
- Mix protein, oats, and milk. Let sit for at least 1 hour in the fridge, or overnight to make it “overnight oats.”
- Heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave (if desired can be eaten cold, but your sun butter won’t melt.”
- Top with required toppings- sun butter and optional toppings: granola and banana
Nutrition facts estimate, calculated on calorie count.
Keep rocking your week, the weekend is in sight!
- 4 Recipe Styles for Overnight Oats
- Coconut Cream Protein Oats (—> uses egg whites for protein)
- Chocolate Sun Butter Chia Pudding (gluten, grain and dairy free)
- Strawberry Almond Overnight Oats
Thank you so much for this enlightening post, I have significantly got some thing right here and I will bookmark this page for your next upcoming post.