Two a days… what’s going on here? Don’t worry, I doubt it will become a “thing”… just wanted to share with you this delicious oatmeal you guys seemed to really like on IG (<—-check it out for behind the scenes action). It’s perfect for those of you that need a higher protein, higher carb recovery meal post run or endurance training. The extra protein and healthy fat also ups the filling factor so runger doesn’t get a hold of you! #rungerisreal
Chocolate Sun Butter Recovery Oats
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (can be whatever brand, you may want to use a full scoop if you need the extra protein)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
- 1-2T sun butter or TJ’s sunflower seed butter, (you’ll want a sweeter one or you may need to add stevia depending on taste preference)
- 1T granola
- 1/2 banana for topping
- Mix protein, oats, and milk. Let sit for at least 1 hour in the fridge, or overnight to make it “overnight oats.”
- Heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave (if desired can be eaten cold, but your sun butter won’t melt.”
- Top with required toppings- sun butter and optional toppings: granola and banana
I'd love to connect with you!I am always so grateful when you let me know you tried one of my recipes or workouts and tag me in your photos or updates. Tag @hungryhobbyRD if you make this!
Nutrition facts estimate, calculated on calorie count.
Keep rocking your week, the weekend is in sight!