I know you guys like these weekly dinner posts, and I almost forgot I recorded most of our dinners last week, so I’m popping in to share today!
Let me know in the comments if you’ve found any recipes you LOVE recently. I’m particularly looking for a really good cod recipe. I love to eat fish, but in the last six months or so, I’ve been annoyed with cod’s blandness. Please help me! Drop a link to a recipe in the comments if you’ve got a good one!
Okay, now on to a quick round-up of what we ate last week! I’m also making a few notes about what the kids ate because I learned from my anniversary post that so many of you have kids the same age as my kids. It helps to be brutally honest about what the kids eat vs. what we serve and how we serve it! So for reference, KK is 13 months, and KJ is 3.5 years old.
Also, I have no idea what day I ate what, and I’m not sorting through my iPhone picture dates to figure it out. I ate them at some point, all in the same week! Now, let’s get to it!
Five Ingredient Pasta
I made my five-ingredient spinach and sausage pasta, which is always a hit and takes less than 20 minutes to make!
What the kids ate:
- I made sure to break up the sausage pieces for KK, and he ate the meal like us.
- I also served it to KJ the same way, and he picked the sausage out and drank some milk.
Honey Garlic Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice
I tried this honey garlic shrimp by Downshiftology. It was pretty good! It had a lot of flavors, and the recipe really coated the shrimp. I ate it with a mix of cauliflower rice and brown rice.
- I shredded the shrimp for KK, put it in a bowl with both types of rice, and helped him eat it with a spoon. He enjoyed it! It was messy, though. He also had peaches.
- KJ drank milk.
I also ate cauliflower rice with my chimichurri chicken, cooked on a cast iron pan!
- KK LOVED the chicken. I gave him brown rice and cauliflower rice, but he mostly ate chicken. He also had peaches.
- KJ drank milk.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders No Breading
One night we had my air fryer chicken tenders (no breading) with leftover Teton Waters Hot Dogs (Costco) and salad pack (Costco.)
- KK had the air fryer chicken and a few kale pieces from the salad. I also gave him peaches.
- KJ LOVED the air fryer chicken and ate a ton of it, plus a little hot dog and some apples.
The day I shot the roasted broccoli omelet recipe, we ate it for dinner.
- KK ate some omelets and some peaches.
- In full transparency, we made KJ his additional plate of scrambled eggs. I figured it was the same food we were eating but just prepared differently. However, I did put roasted broccoli on his plate! He didn’t eat it.
That’s it! What have you guys been eating recently?