Hi, friends! You may have heard me mention that I’ve been working hard on WTE Meal Plans to bring our subscribers a special Summer Shape Up Challenge! I know every summer I usually get left feeling a little bloated, tired, and craving sweets from all the summer cocktails, traveling, and treats. Obviously, this summer is a little different because I’m pregnant so no cocktails, but let’s be real its basically the same, bloated, fatigued, and CRAVING sugar.
Personally, pregnant or not, I want to do everything I can to minimize sweets cravings and basically get back to a good spot BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS. I mean I’m gonna have enough stress and cravings with a newborn on board right? Better get started getting control of it now! September (after Labor Day) is the only little break we get to really focus on taking care of our health before all the temptations set in again. Making the choice now to pull back on the treats, get control of those cravings, and shape up your diet will mean you will be better able to resist temptations during the holidays.
That’s why we are launching our first annual 21 day Summer Shape Up Challenge! The challenge will be available to any current WTE? Meal Plan Subscribers signed up before the start date of the challenge from September 17th to October 5th, 2018. (Current subscribers who do not wish to participate do not have to, see more below.)
How It Will Work
Our normal meal plans are very low sugar, high protein, real food plans. However, for this challenge, we are taking it a few steps further. The 21-day meal plan is designed to remove all your sugar cravings and increase your sensitivity to sweet foods.
What Won’t Be On The Sugar-Free Meal Plans
- Add sweeteners of any kind including but not limited to honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, etc.
- Artificial or natural low-calorie sweeteners including stevia, monk fruit extract, or xylitol.
- Refined grains or highly processed carbohydrates (these are never on our plans).
- High sugar & high glycemic fruits such as tropical fruits or dried fruit.
- Grain-free for the first week, the following two weeks will slowly introduce whole grains and beans in limited quantities.
What Will Be On the Sugar-Free Meal Plans
- At least 100 grams of protein – protein helps fight sugar cravings by keeping you full! (our normal meal plans include this as well.)
- Low sugar fruits such as berries, green apples, and pears in very limited quantities.
- A ton of non-starchy vegetables of all different colors and varieties (similar to our normal plans) get ready to really amp up your veggie intake!
- Starchy vegetables such as winter squash, sweet potatoes, etc will be prioritized over grains and other types of carbohydrates.
- Extra tips and support for those participating!
How To Sign Up
This challenge is open to any WTE meal plan subscriber including monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual meal plan subscribers. Once you sign up you will be able to opt-in to receive the sugar-free meal plan version instead of our normal meal plans. You must be signed up by midnight MST on the September 12th, 2018 in order to be eligible to receive your first week’s meal plan by 5 pm on September 14th in preparation for the challenge start date on the 17th.
After the challenge is over you will receive our normal meal plans for the duration of your subscription. Keep in mind our normal meal plans are very similar to the challenge, but they are a great transition back to more “normal” eating. Plus, if you pick a longer subscription you will be prepared for healthy eating during the holidays. Yes, it is possible, just prepare to succeed and you will!