Hi Friends! Happy Monday! We actually had a pretty laid back weekend, I worked all day Saturday and then Sunday was spent with the fam. We did a ton, I mean a TON of shopping and we somewhat finalized our Thanksgiving menu. I can’t believe this is the third year we’ve hosted Thanksgiving! There are a few recipes I’ve used in the past that are tried and true every year, I thought I’d share them for anyone that now feels that they are in emergency mode looking for recipes and a plan. Here is what is on our menu for 8 people:
- Turkey —> we use a turkey bag to roast ours, we got ours from Sprouts
- Ham–> The guys really wanted ham sandwiches for leftovers, another Sprouts purchase
- Buttermilk Mashed Cauliflower or Garlic Herb Mashed Cauliflower
- Regular Mashed Potatoes from scratch, the good way, with butter and cream 😉
- Stuffing —> This year we are attempting a gluten free version for Mr. Hungry, we got a few Glutino boxes and will add in veggies like onions and carrots.
- Green Beans Roasted With Avocado Oil and Garlic Salt—> Simple, roast until tender usually 35-40 minutes
- Salad Greens —> sometimes we do something special, but usually we keep it simple
- Clean Eating Sweet Potato Casserole via The Fitnessista –> a family hit!
- Apple Pie–> my mother in law will be making one from scratch as a special treat
- For breakfast after the turkey run I’m going to make Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal via Kitchen Treaty –> this stuff is the best, seriously.
I think the main thing is finding a balance between traditional rich amazing crave-able dishes and simple dishes. I try not to do things like bacon in the green beans or salad, even though that tastes bomb, we like to have a few veggie dishes that are simple to balance all the richness out (like from the potatoes, stuffing, etc). As much as I love the togetherness of Thanksgiving, as far as food goes I’m totally looking forward to the Turkey Enchilada leftovers the most 😉
Quick Total Body Circuit Workout
Need a quick workout to knock out this week? I’ve been doing this one with progressively heavier weights and it’s definitely a quick butt kicker!
Contralateral Row (I do them without holding on)
TRX Squat Jumps or regular squat jumps, I used the TRX