I love putting together gift guides. I always thought I wasn’t the “best gift giver,” but in reality, the right gift takes time and research. Now, with putting together gift guides for y’all, I have put in the time to research and have been able to save things I see throughout the year. Hopefully, they are helpful for you!
Mother of Dragons Shirt
For my Game of Thrones fans. Who wouldn’t want this Mother of Dragons shirt?
PS this shirt is from an Etsy shop called OhSweetDesigns that my Virtual Assistant runs, which has all kinds of freaking hysterical and edgy decals, shirts, and more. I highly recommend it. I’m for sure ordering one of these shirts.
Work Like A Mom Hat
I’ve seen strong like a mother but never “work like a mom.” Nothing drives home that there is no more demanding or more important job like the saying “work like a mom.” I love these options my friend sent me from barstool sports.
I mentioned these Vince Blair shoes in my Friday Favorites, but I’m obsessed with them. They are so comfy, easy to clean and come in a million colors. Unfortunately, they run a bit big, so order a half to a full size down!
These are also similar brands I thought were cute! UGG Slip Ons |Toms Fenix Slip Ons |Adidas Superstar Slip-Ons | Nike Court Legacy Slip-Ons
Nixplay Digital Frame
This will forever be on every gift guide I ever do. I received the Nixplay Digital Frame from Mr. Hungry’s parents last year, and we seriously love it (they also have one.) It easily connects to the app, where you can create playlists directly off your phone. The only downside I’ve found is that you can only upload about ten photos at a time, and videos have to be less than 15 seconds (unless you upgrade your membership), but overall we enjoy it!
Automatic Wine Opener and Chiller
This automatic wine opener was the best thing I saw when I looked through Amazon for “gifts for Mom.” I thought it might be good for moms with arthritis or reduced grip strength, but who still would like to enjoy wine! I’m not going to lie, I want it just to get my wine open faster ha, ha.
Theragun or Massage Gun
There are a lot of these on the market now, we have the Theragun, and we like it! It will probably be on every gift guide I do because who wouldn’t want one? Perfect when you have a kink or sore muscles. I love to use it on my calves and shoulders!
For Mamas with little ones who need a new adorable diaper bag. I love this one from Beaba that comes in a ton of styles!
- Stitchfix Giftcard
- A gift card to Sephora, Ulta, or her favorite beauty company so she can splurge a bit!
- Let’s be honest. Favorite coffee place gift cards are always appreciated as well.
- New Insulated Water Tumblr For the Summer
- New Insulated Coffee Mug – this yeti travel mug keeps coffee hot and fits your car cupholder!
- Bath accessories like a pillow, caddy, and/or bath salts.
- Automatic Cold Brew Maker
- Automatic Iced Tea Maker’
More Gifts By Love Language
Have you heard of the five love languages? If not, I highly recommend it! It’s the idea that everyone tends to give love the same way they would like to receive it, but not everyone receives love the same way. There are five love languages gifts, quality time, physical touch, acts of service, and words of affirmation. I group ideas by love language below to give you some ideas!
Quality Time Ideas
For those Mama whose love language (totally me) is quality time, here are a few ideas:
- Take her to get a pedicure or massage (which could also count as physical touch.)
- Book a spa day for both of you to go together (could also count as physical touch.).
- Take her to lunch, but on a day less busy than Mother’s Day.
- Take her out for dessert only.
- Go on a mini trip with her, somewhere an hour or two away for the day.
- Take her shopping. For moms with young kids, hire a sitter and take her to her favorite stores without kids with a budget or maybe no budget if you’re feeling adventurous… um, home goods, target, pottery barn, etc. (I saw this on IG reels and sent it to Mr. Hungry, the girl was so happy she was crying and I’m not gonna lie that would be me if I got a day off to shop without kids.)
Acts of Service Ideas
For those Mama’s whose love language is Acts of Service (aka they really appreciate having things taken off their plate), here are some ideas:
- Cook her favorite meal at home or order in.
- Have a housekeeper come or do her weekly chores or a deep clean.
- Wash or clean out her car, or hire a detailer. I LOVE when our detailer comes, and my car gets a once over.
- Take her car in for service or handle something car-related, so she doesn’t have to.
Physical Touch Ideas
This is a hard one for gifts. Some quality time ideas could work here. But also, outside of the box:
- Fuzzy socks
- Special blankets or quilts
- Slippers | fuzzy sandal slippers
- Massage guns like the one above!
Words of Affirmation Ideas
For Mama’s who really value the handwritten note and love words of appreciation, here are some ideas:
- nice stationery card sets (Etsy has a lot of great options)
- a personalized sign that shows appreciation
- seize the day daily uplifting calendar
- start a gratitude jar just for mom and fill it throughout the year of things you appreciate she did!
- Work like a mom hat above!