Hello out there! How is the week going for you?? I intended to sleep in this morning to catch up on a severe lack of sleep from all the traveling, but instead, I lay in bed awake thinking of all the stuff I need to catch up. After about 10 minutes of that nonsense I decided to get up, no point in just laying there thinking about it, right? This past week totally reminded me how hard traveling is. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE traveling, meeting new people, seeing places and trying new restaurants. The food this past week was literally amazing. Mostly healthy, but a lot of treats (creme brulee, smores, cookies, and alcohol). I do my best to balance the treats (eat the cookie and not the tortilla etc.) but still, it throws you off to do that 7 days in a row. Then you get home and open your fridge and you’ve got one carton of eggs, a box of cereal and 1/2 cup of almond milk left.
If anything it was a good reminder for me that holidays are coming up, and that’s kind of like traveling 24/7. Every time you turn around someone is offering you another treat. Just like traveling, during the holidays I try to focus on one single thing per week that I know will help keep me rooted in my commitment to healthy living while still enjoying the season. Especially since I’m not one to pass up treats, ever, that just isn’t my style.
Healthy Holiday Challenge
So what isn’t happening this year? Guilt about indulging, trying to over exercise to atone for indulging in treat sins, passing on treats you really want, giving up until January 1st, etc…. this year, it’s going to be about enjoying those treats while sticking to the basics of a healthy lifestyle. We are going to implement a little less craziness and a lot more strategy. Strategic reminders and challenges to keep you focused while still enjoying the season.
[Tweet “Enjoy your holidays AND stay committed! Join dietitian and trainer @hungryhobby for the challenge! #health #holidays”]
—->Enrollment is from now until October 8th so make sure you sign up right away! The healthy holiday challenges will run weekly from October 9th to December 31st!
- Each week you will get a new challenge emailed to you.
- Each challenge will have three levels of challenge you can choose from.
- You will be provided a tracker sheet and suggestions on ways to track your challenge to keep you accountable.
- You will be added to a secret facebook group where we can all laugh, cry, and discuss the challenge for the week.
- All challenge participants will get exclusive bonus material such as recipes, ebooks, workouts, meal plan ideas and more tailored just for them!
- You will also have the chance to be entered into random drawings for challenge prizes!
- There is also an option to add on one on one coaching if you feel like the extra accountability would benefit you throughout the holiday season.
This year, join us and commit to enjoying the holiday season while staying focused on the basic most effective healthy living habits!
What is your favorite part about the holidays?
I really like that the temperature drops below 100 in Arizona. Of course, I also love the decorations and extra time with family!
What is your favorite part about traveling?