Hi lovelies, how did you make it through this week? I was down a sitter last week, so things felt a little chaotic for sure, but we made it through. I’m finishing this post while I’m sipping my Friday morning coffee (which tastes so much better than any other day’s coffee, aimiright?)
Meanwhile, Little Man is playing in his walker (which I took the wheels off so what do you call it?). As soon as I hit publish, we start our “routine” and head out the door with Nala for our morning walk! If I’ve said it once, I’ll say it a million times; I’m so glad we’ve turned the corner with our issues with the car seat. It’s still not his favorite place to be, but life is so much more manageable now that he will tolerate it!
This week is kind of a weird week in that I didn’t take ANY photos of my food. What?!?! I don’t know what was up with me I just didn’t, I’ll get back on it next week for sure! I did, however, get my order of Nikki’s Coconut Butter.
The chocolate one is DELICIOUS! I eat in my chocolate oats (WTE? Meal Plan recipe), and it’s BOMB! Definitely makes not being able to have other kinds of nut butters more manageable.
I intended for this sale to have its own post because it’s that good, but ya know, life got in the way, so it’s going here! I know you’ve heard me RAVE about ButcherBox in the past, but in case you forgot they are a meat delivery services that sources the highest quality directly to your doorstep.
ButcherBox carries humanly raised 100% grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage breed pork, and wild-caught Alaskan sockeye salmon. There is a BIG difference in the nutrition quality between 100% grass-fed beef and conventional. Check out this infographic:
I’m obsessed with their pork sausage and uncured bacon (especially since right now I can’t eat cheese or eggs so bacon on EVERYTHING). You can score both for free if you sign up today, click here to get 2lbs of free breakfast pork sausage and 2 packs of bacon!
PS I opened my box last night on Insta, I’ll save it to my highlights so you can check it out there if you want!
This week I tried a few more Aaptiv strength workouts mixed in with my runs. Towards the middle of this week I decided two things:
- To switch from a 10K training to a 5K training program. While I LOVE running, I know that I’m relying on it too much and skipping too many strength workouts, which is no Bueno because I have a ton of strength (and lean muscle) I need to build back up. Also, I don’t have 45-60 minutes to devote to running three times a week right now, I have about 30 minutes. Lastly, I’m trying to be cautious about breastfeeding and risk of injury the last thing I need is a stress fracture (which you are at higher risk for when breastfeeding.)
- To be intentional. If you do random workouts, you will get random results. I want to be intentional with my strength workouts and I don’t want to waste time scrolling through IG looking for a workout I “want to do.”
4/6 Sat- It takes 10 aaptiv run
was a mix of 10 minutes of warm up, 10 minutes of HIIT, 10 minutes of endurance, and 10 minutes of hill work
4/7 Sun – Abs & HIIT/lower body – aaptiv workout
4/8 Mon – OFF
4/9 Tues – treadmill & strength – aaptiv run 5 minutes run + 1 minute of strength for 40 minutes
4/10 Wed – Warm up – rowing 7 minutes
4 Minute AMRAMPS of each with 10 reps per exercise
- push ups and goblet squats
- single arm rows and KB deadlift
- military press and alternating lunges
- KB swings and burpees
4/11 Thurs – OFF
This Week’s WTE? Meal Plan Preview
All subscription meal plans emphasize protein and produce, are carb “responsible,” as well as provide enough healthy fats for hormone health. Each week includes meal prep tips and grocery swaps, plus more tips! Don’t love a week? Annual subscribers get access to ALL past meal plans, so you can browse and find a plan you do love if one week isn’t your favorite!
Need a more customized approach? I also offer custom meal plans!
Enjoy your weekend friends! See you on Monday!