Hi Friends! These last three days of 90 day have been crazy fun but also crazy tiring. I love weigh in weekend at the club, I love everything about helping people set goals and a successful plan. I think what I love about it the most is how many times I’m inspired and motivated by my clients. I’ve seen so many people keep pushing through adversity, it’s simply awesome. However, that being said I’m also totally exhausted, not in a bad way, I just need some time to recharge. The last three days have been non-stop and I’ve learned the hard way before that even when I don’t want to pull back I need to for my health. If I don’t take care of me then I can’t be there to help anyone else.
So yesterday during my lunch hour instead of staying and working through the umpteen things I have to do, I went grocery shopping because we had nothing at home except egg whites, cereal, and nuts. While I love all those things, they probably won’t in isolation make us successful during 90 day.
What will make a successful 90 day? Stocking the kitchen every single week no matter what with lot’s of good quality protein, produce and freezer friendly meals! Here is a list of some of my go-to things to have on hand:
- Ground Chicken, Beef, Turkey–> I really like the pre-seasoned ones like chorizo, breakfast, or Italian for easy cooking.
- Canned Tuna or Salmon
- Salmon or clean tuna or salmon burgers (I get mine at Costco)
- chicken, turkey, grass-fed meat
- nitrate free sausage, bacon, deli meat
- Greek yogurt and/or cottage cheese
- Cheese (I like goat cheese products mostly)
- “Finger Veggies” – baby carrots, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, celery, Persian cucumber
- Sweet Potatoes
- Salad Greens (I’ve been obsessed with Arugula lately)
- Pre-Washed Cut Veggies (either buy or prep for easy cooking)- I really like the steam in the bag stuff, even though it’s in plastic.
- Fruits (I try to stick to low sugar like apples, pears, and berries but I LOVE bananas)
- pre-made clean eating burgers (either homemade or bought)
- frozen veggies (green beans are usually my go to but I also LOVE the grilled cauliflower from TJ’s)
- pre-made quinoa, brown rice, etc.
- Seasonings–> again I like blends that require little work of me, I like to prep my own taco seasoning using this recipe.
- Cooking oil–> I like Kerrygold butter, grapeseed, coconut and avocado oil because they are stable at high heat and less processed.
- Protein Powder–> I use whey and Mr. Hungry use’s Vegan Brown Rice Protein
- Oatmeal–> old fashion or steel cut
- Brown Rice –> I like the pre-made packages from Costco, the bowls.
- Beans (usually canned)
That’s my list! Did I forget anything? What do you keep on hand for clean eating?