Hi out there! Sorry for the delayed post, it’s crazy when I work 10-12 hour days Monday through Wednesday the days go by so fast. I did an okay job at taking pictures, not everything but as usual I got most of it. The other thing about long days is preparation is key, taking lots of snacks and veggies with me is the key to success. This week I was less prepared then usual but I did okay.
I’ve also been eating a lot of KIND bars and Ostrim Jerky snack sticks… I’m really digging the STRONG line of KIND bars…. so good.
5 Tips for Eating Healthy During Long Shifts
- PREPARE- lots of finger veggies to snack on like carrots, celery, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, and other raw veggies.
- Have lot’s of quick protein options like jerky, quest bars, deli meat etc…
- Drink a lot of water, try to start drinking water at the beginning of the day. I’d get to my car at the end of the night and start chugging water, I realized I wasn’t drinking enough throughout the day.
- Utilize UCAN multiple times throughout your shift if needed. UCAN helps stabilize blood sugar giving a steady amount of energy to get through the next couple of hours.
- Have a good breakfast with real food before you leave the house. To me there is a significant difference between starting my day calmly with a cup of coffee and breakfast vs. grabbing a protein shake to drink on the way there. Beginning my day with a relaxed whole food breakfast sets the tone for the day.
Your Turn! What are your tips for eating healthy during long shifts?