Hi, friends! As many of you know, I launched a meal planning service in January called What to Eat? Meal Plans! It’s been a wild ride and there has been a lot going on behind the scenes, including the launch of a new website coming really really soon. Plus, we are always taking the suggestions of our subscribers to make the meal plans better and better.
For our subscribers who signed up since January, one thing they are often very surprised by is the unique method we deliver our meal plans. It’s better than any other meal planning service, and here is why.
How We’re Different
Most people expect a generic PDF print out every week with recipe instructions. However, our meal plans are much more than that.
Here is how it works:
- We provide you with 5 brand new meal plans every week.
- You schedule whichever plan you like into your week.
- You autogenerate your shopping list based on your schedule and head to the grocery store.
With 5 plans to chose from every week, you won’t be stuck at the mercy of whatever the plan says. You can easily swap things around and avoid the days you don’t like or don’t work for your schedule. As many of you know, I teamed up with my friend Megan to create these plans. She recently filmed a short video I wanted to share with you:
These features are definitely unique to What to Eat? Meal Plans, but there is something even more important that is unique to our service.
Every meal plan is actually nutritionally balanced.
Each meal plan is between 1600-1800 calories, but if you need more (like me right now, or for Mr. Hungry) you can easily double serving sizes. Each day has at least 100 grams of protein in it, which is split up evenly throughout the day to help you stay full and focused. There are lots of veggies but also treats to help keep you sane!
Why I Started Offering Meal Plans
When I went out on my own, I was excited to be able to offer my clients my undivided attention. I wanted to be able to coach them with the time, energy, and resources they deserve. That means that sometimes I go over their “allotted time” because we are having a really good conversation and making a ton of progress. I get the luxury to do that because I’m not working in a place that is tracking my productivity and only allotting clients a certain amount of time.
What I started realizing was, despite all the time and energy I provided them, my clients were the ones short on time. They were learning the principles, but unable to consistently apply them because it takes a long time to find new recipes, plan them, making the grocery list, prep, and balance. So, they would eat the same things over and over again. Eventually, they would get bored with the recipes, and too busy to look up more, then they would end up not eating or eating something quick but not ideal.
I realized I could help them by using all the recipes on HH to make plans that implemented the principles they were learning, making it easier for them to stick with it!
Here is a video I recently shared on Instagram live demoing how to work the meal plans:
1 Day Meal Plan Example
The following example is from this weeks meal plan:
- Breakfast – Chocolate almond flour waffles with peanut butter syrup & 2 hard boiled eggs
- Snacks- 1 cup cottage cheese and 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- Lunch- Black bean enchiladas and choice side salad
- Snacks – Chocolate peanut butter protein balls
- Dinner- Sheet pan cod and veggies
Meal Plan Highlights
- All plans are gluten-free or have gluten-free options.
- Plans are available as 1 month, 3 months, or 6-month subscriptions.
- Come with 5 days of meals and include snacks.
- Meal plans are lower in calories, between 1600-1800 calories and have a minimum of 100 grams of carbs and protein.
- Include online scheduling and a printable grocery list.
- Never the same meal plan during a calendar year.
- Access to every recipe that’s ever been on your plan as long as you are subscribed.
- Option to add on a hormone & metabolism assessment – coming soon!
- Custom plans are available and recommended for those with health conditions or those needing to follow a specific diet (i.e. Paleo, Vegan, vegetarian, nut-free, etc.).
SIGN UP FOR UP FOR YOU MEAL PLAN TODAY!
Or don’t, if following a meal plan sounds like hell to you, don’t do it. It may not be right for your lifestyle or may put you in not a good place. Check out my nutrition counseling services. We will work on developing an eating plan that works for you and your lifestyle as well as address any metabolic or hormone concerns.