This slow cooker breakfast casserole is made overnight and is ready for you when you wake up in the morning; plus, it’s packed with flavor!
This post was sponsored by Pace®, and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Hi, friends! Today I’m partnering with my friends at Pace® to bring you this delicious slow cooker breakfast casserole! If you’ve never made eggs in your slow cooker before, get ready because you are in for a treat. The texture of the eggs comes out just as fluffy and delicious as they would in the oven, but you can set it and forget it overnight for a flavor-packed breakfast in the morning!
This recipe’s star is the delicious Pace® Chunky Salsa that packs this casserole with bold flavor. Pace® has been a staple in our family’s pantry for years. What’s not to love about tomatoes, chunks of crisp onions, and hand-picked jalapeños? And if your family is like ours, where some members love some spicy heat and others would rather keep it mild, you are in luck! You can pick up mild, medium, or hot Pace® Chunky Salsa or Picante Sauce, along with all your other ingredients for this delicious breakfast, at your local Kroger.
This recipe starts and ends with Pace® Chunky Salsa, a fun and easy ingredient for breakfast. I used almost half a jar to line the slow cooker’s bottom and add a flavor punch! (Nothing is worse than bland eggs.) You can also use Pace® Picante Sauce, which is a more smoothly blended option.
After that, layer in tortilla strips, veggies, cheese, and eggs mixed with the seasonings.
It takes about 4 hours to set on high, or 6-8 hours on low. At first, there will be lots of extra liquid; that’s okay! You can leave the lid ajar for the last 20-30 minutes to help any liquid evaporate.
Then it’s time to dig in! This recipe makes 8 generous servings.
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 4 ounces Pace® Picante sauce or chunky salsa
- 4 corn tortillas cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper deveined, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper deveined, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno deveined, chopped
- 1.5 cups shredded mexican cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 TBSP taco seasoning
- Grease the slow cooker with any oil (avocado, olive, canola, etc.)
- Add Pace® salsa to the bottom of the slow cooker and spread evenly.
- Add tortilla strips on top of the salsa, followed by chopped veggies and shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and seasonings, then pour in the slow cooker. Gently stir to ensure the egg mixture is evenly distributed in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or low for 6-8 hours. If excess moisture builds up in the slow cooker, leave the lid ajar for the last 20-30 minutes of cooking.