Shredded chicken tossed with sweet, spicy, and just a little it tangy raspberry chipotle sauce, topped with cotija cheese, cilantro, and avocado.
You guys went nuts for these tacos when I shared a preview shot on Instagram (@hungryhobbyRD.) And who could blame you, these tacos are freaking DELICIOUS! I mean when are tacos not right? But, these go beyond your “standard taco” recipe, to restaurant-quality amazingness because I took them up a notch with yesterday’s Raspberry Chipotle Sauce.
That’s right! And it was delicious! I ate tacos all week because I made so much chicken, and I wasn’t mad about it. Although one night, I did do a lettuce wrap with some romaine lettuce, and that was quite delicious too. I’m in love with this sauce, but I’m also in love with cotija cheese. Like, why hasn’t this been in my life before?
It’s uber salty, but also a sharp, just like any good cheese. Plus, it makes these tacos feel so much fancier than shredded Mexican cheese, you know? You can’t skip the other toppings either, the cool creaminess of the avocado, and the fresh cilantro brings these tacos alive in every bite.
PS I made my shredded chicken in the slow cooker, it’s super easy! All you do is just add the chicken and enough broth almost to cover it. Then you let it cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 on low until it shreds quickly with a fork. Drain, shred, and you have your shredded chicken for tacos!
Then it’s taco time!
Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 batch raspberry chipotle sauce
- 12 6-inch tortillas
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup cotija cheese
- 3/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 3 avocados
- Toss shredded chicken with raspberry chipotle sauce, set aside.
- I like to brown my tortillas by heating them on a non-stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray until they get warm and slightly browned on each side.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup chicken sauce mixture, top with 1/4 avocado slices, one tablespoon cotija cheese, one tablespoon cilantro, and one tablespoon green onion.
[…] Raspberry Chipotle Chicken Tacos […]
[…] of course, the raspberry chipotle sauce is a delicious unexpected flavor that pairs with chicken the best. And let’s not forget a chips best friend, my hot and spicy chipotle […]