Friday Fitness in Review
Some of you long time readers might remember when I started Kayla Itsines Beach Body Guide in 2015 while I was working at the gym. I never shared results because I had to stop about 75% of the way through because I started working with Dr.K to fix my back. You guys know it’s been a rough year for workouts for me, first I had a back injury flare up that I thought was a shoulder injury, then I actually injured my other shoulder (most likely an impingement.) That meant I focused a ton on my lower body, and lately, EVERY workout felt like crap after. I wasn’t using any weights (to protect my shoulder) so I did a ton of jumping and high rep workouts. Not great for the knees and really hard to recover from doing that all the time. I remembered I still had that BBG program on my computer and looked it over. I decided to give it a go because I FIRMLY believe I get the best results when I follow a progressive program. I’m currently doing the four weeks of “pre-training” which is perfect because it doesn’t require any weights so I can build strength back up in my shoulder. Bonus, my friend Alyssa is doing it with me, even though we are in different places it’s still kind of fun to feel like we are doing it together. The first couple of workouts went great so I’m pretty excited about that.
- Thursday: sprints on treadmill .25 miles x 5
- Friday: Rest (walk with Nala)
- Saturday: Run with Nala
- Sunday: Rest Day
- Monday: BBG Pre-Training Week 1 Legs
- modifications: I used a band for the air squats and I switched some of the knee ups to leg lifts for hamstring activation
- Tuesday: 3ish Mile Run With Nala
- Wednesday: BBG Pre-Training Week 1 Arms
- modifications: I did not do the laydown push ups because I figured 60 push ups was enough to test my shoulder, I didn’t need to double that.
- Thursday: Rest day
I bought this illuminator pallet at Sephora! I used something similar my friend had when I was in San Francisco and loved it. So, I bought one! (Here is the link on Sephora.)