*Note this post is set to autopost as I will be on an airplane and unable to post!
This Months Theme:
“We’re repeating last December’s theme due to popular demand: It’s the end of the year and we’re taking a moment to reflect – The Recipe ReDux has been around for 54 months! To celebrate, we’re playing a little party game this month: Grab your nearest cookbook and ReDux the recipe on page 54 or 154. We can’t wait to see the books you’re cooking from these days.”
So I flipped open my old Weight Watchers cookbook, the very first cookbook I EVER bought in college. It’s funny because even though it’s already a “healthy” cookbook I figured there might be something in that book I’d like to tweak the recipe for. I was THRILLED when I saw nachos because I’ve had this idea for zucchini nachos FOREVER!
I used turkey chorizo which brought a bunch of flavor to the nachos!
I envision zucchini to be just another option during taco night, so everyone can build their own!
The key is to hollow out the center of the zucchinis so it holds the goodies just like a chip! (Hopefully this is the last set of iPhone pictures but we had a good run!
It twas delicious, I ate it several times, until it was all gone!
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 1.25lb ground turkey chorizo
- 1/2 cup cheddar or mexican cheese
- 2 large zucchini squash
- chopped tomatoes or salsa
- black olives
- sour cream or greek yogurt
- Wash and cut Zucchini. Cut them in half, then cut each half length ways into 4 or 5 pieces using diagonal cuts to create a concave center.
- Sauté onions until translucent and soft on medium high heat in oil. Add in ground meat and salute until cooked all the way through
- Create taco bar with desired chips or zucchini chips, meat, cheese and desired toppings.
- Pile nacho plate high with desired toppings, cover with microwave cover to help cheese melt or microwave for 10-15 seconds.