Cinnamon Apple Baby Muffins
Delicious healthy cinnamon apple muffins for babies, toddlers, and kids! Dairy-Free & Egg-Free for those little ones with food allergies or sensitivities.
Servings 12 muffins
Preheat oven to 350F, grease muffin holes or add silicone liners.
Mix ground flax with water and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
In a large bowl mix dry ingredients (almond flour, whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add in flax mixture, vanilla, apple sauce, and non-dairy milk. Mix until well combined.
Divide batter among 12 muffin holes and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Non Dairy Milk:
- Store for 7-10 days in the fridge or freeze for up to 6 months.
- You can use any kind of liquid including cows milk, non-dairy milk, or water.
- I buy preground flax and then grind it again to make sure no full seeds are left.
- You can omit the water and use 2 real eggs in place of the flax.
- Because of the flax and baking powder, which contains sodium, I limit him to 1.5-2 muffins max per day.
- I find that our baby does best when them when they are heated for 20ish seconds (from the refrigerator), cut into pieces, and cooled. The fridge adds a ton of moisture that makes them dense, so popping them in the microwave for a few seconds while he noshes on some fruit is the best answer!
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 39IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg