Smores Frozen Banana Dessert
This Smores Frozen Banana Dessert is the perfect way to get your smores fix in a slightly healthier fashion! Gluten & Dairy Free
Servings 10 banana halfs
1. Day 1: Peel all the bananas and cut them in half. Stick one popsicle stick into the cut side of each banana, about 2 inches inside the banana. I froze mine in a few quart-size plastic bags. Freeze overnight.
2. Day 2: Use a food processor to grind your graham crackers into graham cracker flakes. Spread out on a shallow dish that you can roll the bananas in.
Option 1: Step By Step
3. Cover each banana will a thin layer of marshmallow crème and place on wax paper. Try to keep as many bananas in the freezer at one time, I worked in batches of four. NOTE: the marshmallow crème will not stick to the side of the banana that rested on the shelf in your freezer. That’s fine! Just skip going over that part, and then set the banana back down on the same side after you covered them in marshmallow crème. This will be messy, I found that long strokes worked the best. I used my hands to smooth out the marshmallow crème over the banana like covering a piñata with plaster to smooth it out. Freeze bananas in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
4. Melt your chocolate in a double broiler or in the microwave. If it’s too thick to dip your bananas in, add a little coconut oil so it thins out.
5. Dip banana into the chocolate covering completely then immediately roll in graham cracker flakes, return to a new piece of wax paper. Repeat with the remaining bananas until they have all been covered in chocolate and graham cracker.
6. For best results return them to the freezer for another day or at least 2 hours.
Option 2: Assembly Line
7. If you have helpers you could do this in an assembly line fashion, one person covers with marshmallow, another person dips bananas immediately in the chocolate, another person rolls in graham cracker and then return to wax paper. This would probably work best but I didn’t have this option!
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 211mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 5.3mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 0.6mg