My go-to all-purpose chicken tender seasoning is perfect for any cooking method, including baking, grilling, pan-frying, or air frying!
If you are looking for the best chicken tender seasoning for just about any cooking method, this is the recipe! This is my go-to all-purpose chicken tender seasoning that everyone will love!
I love this recipe so much that I multiply it times four so that I can store some ready to go whenever I need it. (PS I do this with my wing seasoning as well!)
How to Make Chicken Tender Seasoning
Start with a small bowl and blend your seasonings.
Then toss about half your seasonings with your chicken tenders that you have patted dry and tossed with oil.
I then rub each chicken tender with the remaining seasoning to ensure they are fully coated with maximum flavor.
Swaps and Substitutions
You can easily swap and substitute spice levels. Just know that this will change the recipe from its original flavor. Feel free to taste your seasoning blend and adjust it until you add it to the raw chicken, then no more tasting.
Also, my lemon pepper had a little bit of sugar and salt in it. If yours doesn’t, you can add up to 1/2 tsp of each.
Smoked paprika adds a depth of smokey flavor, but you can use regular or sweet paprika instead if that’s all you have on hand.
Sub-dried parsley with an Italian seasoning blend to give a more Italian flavor.
Add 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper to the mix to make this spicy.
Can you use this chicken tender seasoning blend on chicken breast?
Yes, but two quick points. First, you will have leftover seasoning as there will not be as much chicken surface area to cover on the same amount of chicken breast. Second, your cooking time will need to be extended.
Can you use this chicken tender blend on chicken thighs?
Yes, but the same as above. You may have extra seasoning, and you will need to adjust your cooking time.
What cooking methods can you use for cooking your chicken tenders?
I included instructions for grilling, baking, pan-frying, and air frying in the recipe instructions. This recipe works best with dry heat cooking methods such as those. I have not tried making chicken tenders in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker with these seasonings.
What to serve with chicken tenders:
- Healthy Coleslaw
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Berry Bacon Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Peach and Bacon Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries
The BEST All Purpose Chicken Tender Seasoning
- Pat dry chicken tenders (especially if defrosted from frozen) and toss with oil in a large bowl.3 lbs chicken tenders, 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl.1 tbsp avocado oil, 1/2 tbsp lemon pepper, 1.5 tbsp garlic powder, 1.5 tbsp onion powder, 1 tbsp dried parsley, 1.5 tbsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp salt*
- Toss chicken with 1/2 of the seasonings, and then rub each piece with the remaining seasonings as you transfer each piece of chicken to the pan. See notes for cooking method options.