Hello, friends! It seems many of you liked the Costco Healthy Grocery Haul Video I did, so I did another one for Sprouts! After the video is a list of what I bought and if applicable, the recipe I made using the product. Many of you guys asked for a quick recap of if I liked the new products I tried, so, that’s included below as well!
(If you are reading this on email or a blog reader such as Feedly, click through to see the video!)*Food below is NOT organic unless otherwise noted.
Baby K Items (15 months old):
- No Salt Sustainable Seas Tuna – used to make tuna cakes (without jalapenos) for the baby. He did not like them, so we at them. PS Chunk light tuna has less mercury than solid white albacore.
- So Delicious Non-Dairy Yogurts
- Kiwis (in season – Feb Produce Guide Here) – he did not like them, Mr. Hungry ate most of them.
- Cascadian Farms Cheerios – I thought they were super salty, but then I bought some from TJ’s and they tasted the same. He eats them, doesn’t love them.
- Van’s waffles – would buy again except the baby randomly got some eczema and I think it might have been soy related? I’ll go back to Kashi probably. I got one gluten-free and one power grains to rotate types of grains he is eating. The more variety in the diet the better!
- Purple sweet potato – roasted with coconut oil always a hit!
- Ground turkey 93/7 organic for ground turkey lentil meatloaves – recipe here. He mostly doesn’t like them, but I think they are growing on him. I froze them like I do my baby meatloaf muffins that he loves so I’ll keep trying.
- Mandarin Oranges – BIG HIT! He loves these!
- Frozen green beans – he loves these, I cook them from frozen in my Instant Pot.
- Pears – went to waste, sadly no one wanted to eat them and I kept forgetting.
- Banza pasta – we love this pasta! I made a version of this recipe with this box.
- Zucchini went into the pasta recipe above.
- Whole Milk Organic Ricotta for pasta recipe.
- Whole Milk Mozzarrella cheese for pasta recipe.
- Crushed tomatoes for a pasta recipe.
- Rice cauliflower – loved this! ate the cilantro-lime with our stupid easy shrimp tacos.
- RX bars
- Precut cauliflower
- Epsom salt – on sale!
- Organic Spinach
- Precut broccoli
- Baby carrots
- Bananas – see Are Bananas Bad For You? (spoiler, absolutely not)
- Silver Hills sprouted power bread – very light for a sprouted bread, which was nice. Not a huge fan of vital wheat gluten though, so I’d probably pass on this next time.
- Northern Bakehouse Bread – loved this when I was on a breastfeeding MSPI diet.
- Tortillas 100% whole wheat for spinach feta wraps and healthy quesadilla recipe (coming soon.)
- Chiles in adobo sauce – for creamy chipotle sauce on stupid easy shrimp taco recipe.
- Avocado Oil Sir Kennington Mayo for creamy chipotle sauce and other daily uses.
- Coleslaw for shrimp tacos
- Grain-free tortillas (Siete) brand for tacos. LOVE how these crisp up, absolutely my favorite tortillas.
- Trucolor Quinoa for quinoa mac and cheese recipe (filmed but haven’t edited yet.)
- Fage yogurt for quinoa mac and cheese (see how to incorporate Fage into your whole day here!)
- Sprouts Skipjack Tuna – for spicy tuna hummus cakes recipe.
- Sweet Potatoes for spicy tuna cakes recipe.
- Jalapeno for tuna cakes.
- Soulful project oats mix. Don’t love that the flax seeds aren’t ground in it, but I loved everything else about it and ended up using it in overnight oats for Mr. Hungry this week.
- Nutzo keto butter. Kind of expensive, but tastes delicious! I’d buy it every once in a while just to get the benefits of multiple types of nuts and seeds in my diet. Mentioned seed cycling, read about that here.
- Organic cheddar shreds and organic Mexican cheese blend.
- Roasted garlic cashew and almond dip. Pretty good, especially if you can’t tolerate beans for hummus.
Butcher Box – where I get 90% or more of my meat. You can read my full 2020 review here.