Happy Tuesday everyone! Today I have a delicious quiche recipe to share with you that I made last week when we had the in laws over for dinner.
I was nervous about this one, like I always am with quiches. I anxiously await for it to set like there is a possibility that it won’t happen. Truth be told, it is EXTREMELY hard to mess up a quiche. Eggs + veggies in the oven for 30-60 minutes depending on your amount of eggs and liquid, you are most likely good to go. I guess it’s the depending on the amount of eggs and liquid part that has me anxiously biting my nails till I see it beginning to set.
My favorite part of baking a quiche (aside from when it starts to set) is when it starts to smell up the house and guest start talking about how excited they are. This Shaved Brussel Sprouts and Spinach Quiche let off the best slightly sweet yet savory smell, even the Brussel Sprout haters were excited for dinner. I served it with some roasted red potatoes which I tossed with olive oil, garlic salt, and rosemary. I threw those in the oven with the quiche and baked them until they were tender (about 35 minutes).
It came out fantastic and it was a hit with everyone! Let me know if you try it! (Remember to click through for the recipe if you are using a reader like feedly.)
Shaved Brussel Sprouts and Spinach Quiche
- 10 ounches shaved brussel sprouts
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (or one fresh minced clove)
- 2 tbsp evoo or avocado oil
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1.5 cups egg whites
- 1 tsp seasoning (I used basil, but oregano, parsley etc would be nice)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta with mediterranean herbs (omit if vegan or non dairy)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Sauté Brussel Sprouts, leek, minced garlic and oil until soft and tender.
- Meanwhile, defrost and squeeze dry frozen spinach.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, seasoning and spinach.
- Add Brussel sprout mixture and feta to a 9 x13 greased casserole dish.
- Pour egg mixture over Brussel Sprout mixture, make sure eggs cover bottom of dish.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until eggs are set. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.