This oat flour pumpkin bread is a deliciously hearty and healthy quick bread filled with pumpkin spice flavors like nutmeg, cinnamon, & allspice in every bite. No refined flour, sugar, or oil!
You guys. You guys.
Oh. My. Gawd.
I set out to make a pumpkin version of the most popular recipe on my blog, my honey oat flour bread, and not to toot my own horn or anything, but I freaking nailed it!
AND this recipe, with just a few tweaks, can also make oat flour pumpkin muffins!
It’s so good, and I decided it would be the subject of my first shot at filming my own recipe videos. Yes, I know there are recipe videos here at HH, but I was previously outsourcing those. My goal this year is for EVERY SINGLE HH recipe to have a video.
If that’s going to happen, then I’m going to have to film them myself. So, below (above the recipe card), you can find my first official recipe video, shot with a new lens and new investment in editing software. I’m pretty proud of it.
It’s DEFINITELY better than my photography was when I started.
Enough about the behind the scenes of the blog, and back to the important stuff, like this delicious pumpkin oat flour bread! Baby Kal has been devouring it every single day for a snack, as happy as a little clam!
How To Make Oat Flour Bread
I promise you this bread is super easy to whip up. Start by quickly making some oat flour (see my tutorial in this post along with 14 other ways to use oat flour or watch the video below). PS Please don’t buy oat flour for 15 bucks a bag, it’s so easy to make!
As you can see from the photo above, it’s one of those quick bread where you mix the dry, mix the wet, combine and bake type things. The only unique step is to let the batter sit for 5 minutes before placing it in the oven.
This allows the oats to absorb the liquid before baking. I’m not 100% sure if this is necessary or not, but it’s what I do!
Enjoy your bread. We’ve been making this on REPEAT, NON STOP! I’m eating it. I’m freezing it. I’m giving it away for Christmas gifts. It’s delicious! If you love oat flour and want to try it out with other amazing desserts, check out this great recipe collection for ideas!
More Healthy Pumpkin Treats You’ll Love:
- Oat Flour Pumpkin Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookies (uses oat flour)
- Flourless Pumpkin Bread
Oat Flour Pumpkin Bread
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a food processor grind 3 cups of old fashioned rolled oats into fine oat flour. You want 2.75 cups of oat flour so if you end up short, grind more oats into flour. You want to grind so that your oat flour is very fine. (or you can purchase fine oat flour.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, eggs, pumpkin puree, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to oat flour. Mix to combine evenly.
- Next, add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and mix until totally combined. The batter will be a little sticky, that's okay.
- Let the mixture sit for five minutes.
- Spray parchment paper with cooking spray and line a glass bread dish with the paper. (could use a metal baking dish but this may change cooking time.) The paper will wrinkle, this is the price we pay for easier clean up!
- Add mixture to your parchment paper lined bread pan and place it on the top rack of the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool COMPLETELY so it doesn't crumble, but if you can't wait that long it will still be delicious!