Hi Friends! Sorry this post is going up a little late today! I’m only popping in for a second because I ran home to snaps some pics of these delicious little bars and get this post up on my lunch hour!
It’s time for another Recipe Redux Recipe! In October and November I wasn’t able to participate which made me so sad, so I was DETERMINED to participate this month even if the post didn’t go up till 2pm, it’s up!.
The Challenge: Grab a Book & Cook
“It’s the end of the year and we’ll taking a moment to reflect: ReDux has been around for 42 months! To celebrate, we’re playing a little party game this month: Grab your nearest cookbook and ReDux the recipe on page 42 or 142. We can’t wait to see the books you’re cooking from these days – and how you make that recipe healthier.”
This was simpler said than done, turns out all my cookbooks are healthy cookbooks! I couldn’t redux a recipe that was already healthy. Luckily Mama Shallal came to the rescue and sent me a snapshot of page 42 of her good old Betty Crocker Cookbook.
This reminded me of the peanut butter bites I’ve been noshing on, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to share them in bar form with you guys! (Since Mr. Hungry said he likes them but the balls look like reindeer poop.)
I’ve been downing these little bites pre-workout or pre- physical therapy in the morning. Mr. Hungry has been eating a few with his protein shakes for breakfast! They taste like cookie dough and are delicious so I can’t think of anything better to keep me on track and satisfied during the holidays!
- 1/2 cup crunchy salted natural peanut butter
- 2 scoops chocolate or vanilla protein powder (I used Formulx)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2T rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 3-4 drops stevia
- 1T honey
- 2T coconut oil, (melted)
- 2T chocolate chips
- 2T unsweetened almond milk
- Combine melted coconut oil and 1 scoop of protein powder. Pour into a small 7 x 5 glass pyrex container lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer.
- Combine peanut butter, 1 scoop protein powder, ground flax, oats, stevia and honey mix until dough like consistency. Add more oats if mix is still too sticky.
- Take dish out of the freezer and spread peanut butter “dough” over it.
- Melt chocolate chips in almond milk, spread over peanut butter mix. Place in freezer for 15 minutes then move and store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Cut into bars or bites and enjoy! (Tip: the coconut layer hangs on better if you use parchment paper)
Don’t forget to check out the link up below with all the other redux recipes from today!