These Healthy Popcorn Balls are made with just four ingredients: popcorn, honey, peanut butter, and chocolate! Super easy and healthy popcorn ball recipe!
So I was sitting around trying to rack my brain for a fun Halloween themed recipe, and I was coming up with NADA. I’m not one to put TOO much effort into Halloween, don’t get me wrong I think it’s a fun little tradition, but I’m not about to put hours into making something super clever. You know like witches eyeballs or whatever…
First of all, I’m not that creative. Second of all, even if I was I still probably won’t do it because who has time for that?
My MIL happened to be here at the time, so I asked her if she had any ideas. She said, and I quote “I always wished I would get popcorn balls on Halloween but I never did get any.” The way she told the story was SO CUTE I died a little inside picturing my MIL as a disappointed kid on Halloween.
Then I remembered my mom throwing out the ones I got every single year from my Grandma’s neighbor. My mom had rules if the wrapper was ripped or it was handmade it went in the garbage.
In the midst of the entire stash, I never cared much about this rule. We went through it together, discarded the 10% that was unacceptable and then I counted my bounty which I was more than happy to hoard.
Today’s recipe is for my MIL, and anyone else who wants to enjoy a fun and healthy treat on Halloween! Have a safe and happy night friends!
If you are a meal plan subscriber, this recipe will be appearing on your meal plan soon!
Not signed up yet? What to Eat? Meal Plans! are balanced, healthy, gluten-free meal plans designed to make healthy eating more convenient. Plus they include delicious recipes from Hungry Hobby like this one! Learn More and Sign Up!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Healthy Popcorn Balls
- Air pop your popcorn if you didn't buy premade popcorn. I have this microwave popcorn popper, I just add 1/3 cup kernels to the bottom of it and cook for about 3 minutes (until there are more than 3 full seconds between pops. This yielded about 9 cups of popped popcorn for me!
- On a small nonstick skillet or saucepan add honey and peanut butter on medium-low. Continually whisk peanut butter and honey until it is well combined and starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat and pour over the air popped popcorn. Stir until all the popcorn is well coated. Fold in dark chocolate chunks and stir.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 2-5 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop form into balls. Using a natural sweetener the balls will not be as sticky, so get ready to get messy! Use the ice cream scoop to help measure the balls, but you will have to use your hands to smash the popcorn balls together.
- Place popcorn balls on wax paper and return them to the refrigerator for 30 minutes to let them set! I stored mine in the fridge until I was ready to eat them or give them away! Hope you enjoy!
Try Healthy Popcorn Balls made with just four ingredients: popcorn, honey, peanutbutter, and chocolate! Super easy and healthy popcorn ball
You may also like:
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later and follow @hungryhobby on Pinterest for more healthy recipes, nutrition tips, and quick workouts!